My Ameraucana is different breed and also is she a he? Please look at my pictures and HELP! ;)

LoveOrpingtons

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 25, 2012
Here's our 4 month old chicken, Peck. We purchased her at 8 weeks with two other Ameraucana pullets. Peck has always been suspect as an Easter Egger since her legs are yellow, not slate like the other girls. I had a person who's been raising chickens for 30 years look at pictures of Peck, and she told me she thinks she's a Welsummer. Now as Peck is more mature, I'm worrying that she is a he because I read somewhere (where I cannot recall now) that if feathers are pointy where the bum meets the tail, it's most likely a rooster. I've attached several pictures of Peck and a few are showing her/him with our other Ameraucanas for comparison. Please reassure me that Peck is a pullet and if you know what the breed is, all the better help! Thanks so much.

Aw, darn it! I don't care whether they're true Ameraucanas but I'm bummed out about Peck being a cockerel. We're not able to have roosters in our area so I'll be trying to give him off to a good home, I guess. :( Thanks for taking the time to give me your input.

Thanks Drumstick Diva. I'm sad but know this is certainly true now. I'm in the process of trying to find him a good home... as good as the environment we've been giving him.

Back
Top Bottom