My american Silkies

BIBI

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Hello everyone,

I had not connected for a long time .... Sorry ... I was very busy and for good reason ...
Last August, I ordered the eggs in the United States ... forty eggs from BOOBI. A great adventure, three chicks hatched, a splash, one blue and one black .... Black died one month later, without explanation.
but I was happy with the result ... 2 chicks Americans! I was so excited ...

And I am even more today because it's a couple! They now have four months ... They are sublime .... look ....

The arrival of the package ... Long journey ...

unpacking eggs (Bobbi did a great job
)

3 chicks

My favorite

15 days

1months

2 months

3 months

Now

I start the adventure in the spring ...

They are amazing birds. Honestly I'd say some of the best birds I have seen in along time. And speaking as a an American, lol American home grown from the good old South. Lol. Well have fun with your new gorgeous birds.

Quote:
They are just ADORABLE.
jumpy.gif

I dont have Sikies yet, but have some coming in the Spring..April 9 or so, and I cant wait
yippiechickie.gif

Where are you at?

Congratulations.

Thank you very much !!! I'm french, I live near of Paris...
I love american silkies, I breed european silkies since 2007, but I prefer american silkies, because they are more gorgeous with very nice shape...
My coop will all american next year lol !!

Quote:
Yes! Is it a subtle difference or marked?

Two silkies hatched under my brahma broody two days ago. I've been wanting some for so long!
Yours are beautiful!

I searched for 2 years an American breeder, who would be willing to send me eggs in France. Nobody wanted to help me. Then I discovered the facebook group "American Silkie Bantam" and I found some great people ...

The difference between the Silkies U.S. and Silkies European is the length of the neck and legs, the largest in France. Back length is shorter in the United States, giving an appearance of "fullness" to the chicken. The crest also is larger in the United States, because in France the bump on the skull is not allowed. In France the middle finger should not be plucked.
The weight is not the same in France ... It is 1.6 kg to 1.2 kg and the rooster for the hen.
Some pictures .... or my site www.poulesoie.com

For spring I find Silkies Lavenders ... If someone willing to send me eggs ... It would be very nice. I pay Eggs and shipping, of course!

Back
Top Bottom