My american Silkies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BIBI, Jan 6, 2012.

1. BIBI

BIBI Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I had not connected for a long time .... Sorry ... I was very busy and for good reason ...
    Last August, I ordered the eggs in the United States ... forty eggs from BOOBI. A great adventure, three chicks hatched, a splash, one blue and one black .... Black died one month later, without explanation.
    but I was happy with the result ... 2 chicks Americans! I was so excited ...

And I am even more today because it's a couple! They now have four months ... They are sublime .... look ....

The arrival of the package ... Long journey ...
    [​IMG]

unpacking eggs (Bobbi did a great job
    )
    [​IMG]

3 chicks
    [​IMG]

My favorite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1months
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 months
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 months
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I start the adventure in the spring ...

2. CoopedChik

CoopedChik Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Louisville Kentucky
    They are amazing birds. Honestly I'd say some of the best birds I have seen in along time. And speaking as a an American, lol American home grown from the good old South. Lol. Well have fun with your new gorgeous birds.

3. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:They are just ADORABLE.[​IMG]

I dont have Sikies yet, but have some coming in the Spring..April 9 or so, and I cant wait [​IMG]

Where are you at?

Congratulations.

4. BIBI

BIBI Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Thank you very much !!! I'm french, I live near of Paris...
    I love american silkies, I breed european silkies since 2007, but I prefer american silkies, because they are more gorgeous with very nice shape...
    My coop will all american next year lol !!

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    So cute! Can you post a picture of a European Silkie so I can see the difference?

6. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    WOOOHOOO!!!! I see lots of splash babies in your future!!! Congratulations on your new lil American cuties!!!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    very nice pics!

8. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Yes! Is it a subtle difference or marked?

Two silkies hatched under my brahma broody two days ago. I've been wanting some for so long!
    Yours are beautiful!

9. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Quote:were they hard to import? I agree with you on the American silkies being better than european ones they have so much nicer colouring too [​IMG]

10. BIBI

BIBI Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    I searched for 2 years an American breeder, who would be willing to send me eggs in France. Nobody wanted to help me. Then I discovered the facebook group "American Silkie Bantam" and I found some great people ...

The difference between the Silkies U.S. and Silkies European is the length of the neck and legs, the largest in France. Back length is shorter in the United States, giving an appearance of "fullness" to the chicken. The crest also is larger in the United States, because in France the bump on the skull is not allowed. In France the middle finger should not be plucked.
    The weight is not the same in France ... It is 1.6 kg to 1.2 kg and the rooster for the hen.
    Some pictures .... or my site www.poulesoie.com

For spring I find Silkies Lavenders ... If someone willing to send me eggs ... It would be very nice. I pay Eggs and shipping, of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by