My Americana Roo's

Oh ok glad to see pic of your beatiful easter egger pullet! When you said you got 3 americanas for colored eggs, i misunderstood & thought pullet in pic was your 3rd americana.

Lol, I should have explained earlier on. Sorry
But, being that I'm new to all this it was good to learn about the eggs.
I was supposed to have all hens. I don't know the first thing about rooster's. So far the gray one is being the dominant one. He's trying to mate with the rest and he's constantly grabbing the hens by the neck. There going on 19 weeks old. The other rooster is just hanging out being the nice one to the girls. Lol

I posted a while back asking for advice if I had Roo's or not because I ordered all females and oops a couple of Roo's were mixed in. Lol
Here is an updated photo of my handsome guys. For what it's worth they turned out pretty for Roo's 🤣
I do have another question if another one is a Roo or not. Maybe y'all can tell by the pictures.
The first 3 are of the Americana Roo's and the last ones is the one I'm asking about if it's another Roo. Then I just have a picture of some of them together just cause there so pretty. As you can tell I Love my babies. Lol
Thanks ☺
Two of your EEs look exactly like mine. The red cockerel, & the buff blue partridge pullet.

Now that youve clarified that you have several white egg layers, here is further info re egg colors. (The following info is best found in the "genetics" forum, but since i already addressed egg colors here, gonna add the following.). If your easter egger roos carry double blue egg genes (as do all True ameraucanas), then all offspring (f1 generation) hens hatched from white eggs will lay blue eggs. If your easter egger roos carry split genes for blue and brown, u will get both light blue and light brown eggs from the female offspring (first generation). Hatching white eggs using easter egger roo means none of the offspring will lay green eggs, since green is a combination of blue and brown. Hatching chicks from white eggs is a good way to know if your roo carries the double blue gene or not. (But that means u can only test one roo at a time.) If u hatch say a dozen first generation hens out of white eggs from one of your roos, & all those hens lay blue eggs, u can be fairly certain that roo has 2 blue egg genes. If any of the f1 hens lay light brown eggs, then the roo carries egg genes split for blue and brown. Re the feisty buff blue cockerel (which is my very favorite color easter egger btw!), yeah his hormones are surging. My easter egger roosters have always been my most non-aggressive guys towards HUmans. But on the other hand, when they are young cockerels, have almost always been the most insistent with the pullets. Your hens will likely lose neck feathers from their persistent demands, esp if the pullets resist. If u decide the cockerel is harrassing and stressing the girls too much, u could consider seperating him until his hormones settle down. But that issue is a whole 'nuther subject, best addressed in the behaviors & egg laying forum. If you regularly read through the various backyard chickens forums, almost all questions u could possibly think of will likely be answered by the many MANY chicken expert members. The wealth of experience and knowledge here is incredible. Ive learned firsthand due to my broody hens hatching hundreds of chicks through the years. (Have never even owned an artificial incubator). But still, almost everything i know has come from all the expert advice contained within "backyard chickens," both current advice and advice from years past. And most importantly, reading thru the advice and experiences of others has prevented me from making a lot of mistakes.

Now that youve clarified that you have several white egg layers, here is further info re egg colors. (The following info is best found in the "genetics" forum, but since i already addressed egg colors here, gonna add the following.). If your easter egger roos carry double blue egg genes (as do all True ameraucanas), then all offspring (f1 generation) hens hatched from white eggs will lay blue eggs. If your easter egger roos carry split genes for blue and brown, u will get both light blue and light brown eggs from the female offspring (first generation). Hatching white eggs using easter egger roo means none of the offspring will lay green eggs, since green is a combination of blue and brown. Hatching chicks from white eggs is a good way to know if your roo carries the double blue gene or not. (But that means u can only test one roo at a time.) If u hatch say a dozen first generation hens out of white eggs from one of your roos, & all those hens lay blue eggs, u can be fairly certain that roo has 2 blue egg genes. If any of the f1 hens lay light brown eggs, then the roo carries egg genes split for blue and brown. Re the feisty buff blue cockerel (which is my very favorite color easter egger btw!), yeah his hormones are surging. My easter egger roosters have always been my most non-aggressive guys towards HUmans. But on the other hand, when they are young cockerels, have almost always been the most insistent with the pullets. Your hens will likely lose neck feathers from their persistent demands, esp if the pullets resist. If u decide the cockerel is harrassing and stressing the girls too much, u could consider seperating him until his hormones settle down. But that issue is a whole 'nuther subject, best addressed in the behaviors & egg laying forum. If you regularly read through the various backyard chickens forums, almost all questions u could possibly think of will likely be answered by the many MANY chicken expert members. The wealth of experience and knowledge here is incredible. Ive learned firsthand due to my broody hens hatching hundreds of chicks through the years. (Have never even owned an artificial incubator). But still, almost everything i know has come from all the expert advice contained within "backyard chickens," both current advice and advice from years past. And most importantly, reading thru the advice and experiences of others has prevented me from making a lot of mistakes.

Thanks for everything ☺️

U r welcome. Have fun on your chicken journey. When i first got 3 (only three!) pullets, it was because i wanted fresh eggs. Never dreamed how much i would love the chickens themselves!

As a little girl my parents always had chickens. We even had pigs and guineas at one time.
Fast forward and my husband has retired and kids are grown finally and we have found our forever home/farm. Now I have chickens that I've always wanted but could never have because we moved so much.
I love my little feathered babies. I can't wait to see what the next year's are going to give me.

Back
Top Bottom