My australorps color?

DoveStar

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Chandler, AZ
I got a chick a week ago who I was told was a black australorp. But, she is now a week and a half and is getting her feathers in. She has mostly black feathers, but is getting a few white ones too... I don't care what color she turns out to be, but I just thought there was only one color of australorp :S sorry, I'm new to chickens and was just wondering what color my pullet will turn out to be. :)

Last edited:
It's common. They should fall out when they have their full adult feathers. Occasionally you will still see white tips on the wing feathers as well as adults.

It's common. They should fall out when they have their full adult feathers. Occasionally you will still see white tips on the wing feathers as well as adults.
Very common...I have Black Australorps and when they were feathering out I was panicking because a few of them had these "white tips" in places...eek! But now that they're grown up they are absolutely gorgeous...pure black and they shine green/purple in the sun...I just love them so much!

Back
Top Bottom