My Ayam Cemani's first eggs!!!

Coops Dad

Crowing
May 10, 2020
too close to Waco, TX
My AC hen has been laying eggs for about a month; some small, some average but nearly round, some sharply pointed... She steadied out with a nice streak of uniform, gently pointed eggs, so I held back 5 with the thought to put them in the incubator. My wife, the chick addict, popped in four Cuckoo Marans eggs and two or three other "pretty" rose colored eggs (I don't even know who lays these) and another two from the White Leghorn. Since the only rooster in this flock is a lavender Ameracauna, she's interested in seeing what the Leghorn eggs will hatch, and I'm pretty happy about the Marans x Ameracauna eggs because that cross should result in F1 olive eggers, correct? The AC chicks should be easy to identify since Luna McTuna aka Murder Dog let our old Blue Andalusian/Black Jersey Giant rooster fly right into her mouth... The rosy tan eggs are a mystery but whatever hatches, I hope it'll be a clue to who the momma is.

Eggs went into the incubator on 10/10. Now comes the hard part. Waiting patiently.

You should join the Halloween Hatch a Long here in the contest section of backyardchickens. If you set on the 10th they’d be due to hatch on Halloween 🎃 Halloween 👻

They did hatch on the 31st; three AC's, two of the Marans Mutts and one of the rose/tan eggs. I stopped by Orsheln today and they had 6 RIR chicks in the dollar bin so I bought them to make up for the duds. The little black ones are the AC chicks, the gray ones are the Marans Mutts and the large black one is from the rose colored egg.
IMG_20211103_151205013.jpg
IMG_20211103_151151454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom