My babies are being killed by something. Help???

Its called SSS and its 'somewhat' legal in all rural areas. SSS stands for Shoot Shovel & Sssshhh - I dont want to get into more, but do a search here on the forum for it and you will find what you need to know. Its one of those things we dont talk about.

Scaring them off doesnt work. Talking to the dogs owner wont work. Calling a game warden or animal control wont work either because they cant do anything unless the animal sticks around your property until they get there which could be hours later. You have offered the dog a fun new exciting game, and a taste of blood. It will end only one of two ways. YOU end it, or the dog kills everything you have and then bores with your 'no more fun' yard. Personally, even though I adore dogs, I would opt for the first option. But thats just me. Aint no body eatin my chickens but ME! (Only my meat birds of course...lol)

On a side note, I am terribly sorry for your losses. I hope you get the peace you need. However you accomplish that. Good luck to you.

it could be a weasel i had that problem were it came in killed all my chickens and left there corpses with me will no brutal sign exsept for there death it was very tragic and emotional that day:(

SSS and its 'somewhat' legal in all rural areas. SSS stands for Shoot Shovel & Sssshhh

That is great! I don't know about the law in Virginia but I am right down the road (or across the river) from you in Zuni, VA and I would use the SSS in a heart beat.

My run has a 2" x 2" square wire fence that is 10 inches underground with cement at the bottom. The wire fence is 48" tall then I have chicken wire from that point up to about 7 feet. On the inside of the 2x2 wire fence Ihave a 3 foot high run of chicken wire so the chickens can't get their heads grabbed. The top will be covered with chicken wire. After reading posts here I am getting worried about the chicken wire.

I can't imagine anything breaking the chicken wire I have. It is from Lowes and has twisted wire between the small holes. Are there varying strengths of chicken wire? I tried pulling the wire with my hands and then with pliers. It did not open up. Maybe what I have looks like chicken wire but is something else? I'll have to check.

I hope you catch the beast that is killing your babies. I wouldn't rule out the SSS!​

I hate to see it but you should do your best at gettin rid of the dog. When we have this problem I try to convince myself it is a wild stray so that it makes it easier for me. Not alot easier but it helps. We have had too many attacks since we've had livestock. You have to do what is necessary to protect them. Out here in Texas we can kill anything that enters our property if it is a threat to our animals, person, or property. We have had to protect our property many times. We have made a neighbor mad many times. But their animals wouldn't get shot on their property. My dogs are on my property theirs should be on their property.

Thank you all for you help. From what I am being told I can shoot the animal because it is hurting my animals. So I will I can do the SSS. I don't want to but I don't want my babies dead either. I hope it is a wild animal. Thanks again. I will let you know what it is when I find out.

Back
Top Bottom