My babies are coming...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by justmeandtheflock, Jun 14, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    in another week!!!! I am so excited!!! Sorry, I had to tell someone [​IMG]

2. steve2495

steve2495 Songster

May 17, 2009
    Lake Forest Illinois
    me 2!!! due the 20th!! cant wait bantam wc blue and black polish [​IMG] [​IMG] then i have more hatching just a few days after

3. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Don't forget to post pics. [​IMG]

4. gel2727

gel2727 Songster

May 5, 2009
    CT
    Woohoo! Mine are coming around July 6 and I can't wait either! Fortunately I have 4 five-week-olds to keep me busy until then. [​IMG]

5. Maryallison

Maryallison Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    congrats! My babies are 3 weeks old and so adorable..... After us buying and hatching I ended up with 48 chicks........I need to slow down a little! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  6. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    LOL, since I a going to have 32 birds and no coop, I think I am the one who needs to slow down [​IMG]. OK, actually, the coop only needs one more wall and shingles so the big girls should be out there by the time the babies come, if it ever stops raining here! Coop would have been done weeks ago if not for the rain but the girls have a run so they are not stuck in the brooder 24/7. If it's not done, I guess the babies will just have to sleep with me, LOL!

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine are on the way too! I'm getting meat chickens though. First time, I hope I can do what needs to be done. They are freedom rangers so they look like "real" chickens.

8. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    If you are going into it know what the end is I'm sure you will be fine. I just re-homed meaties yesterday but we had no idea what they were when DH bought them for me so after bonding with them, no way! If I get a mean one I will have no problem with it but these cornishX were not even close to mean. I'm sure once the 1st one is done, the rest will be easier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: