My babies are dropping weeks apart with the same symptoms, Help me identify the disease!!

Yes, take a human super B complex tablet (from any vitamin aisle in drugsstores or Walmart) and crush it onto some food or put it in a tiny bit of water and give it to him daily.

They have rooster booster liquid b12, or poultry booster, OR Vitamins and electrolytes with lacto bacillus or poultry cell liquid.

Any of those except the B12 would be okay to use for a couple of days. B12 is only B12, and does not have riboflavin or the other B vitamins. Again Imwould only use something with electrolytes for a day or two, then switch to B complex which contains only B vitamins and sometimes C. B12 only has B12 vitamin. Riboflavin is B2 which is the important one for leg health in chickens.

Any of those except the B12 would be okay to use for a couple of days. B12 is only B12, and does not have riboflavin or the other B vitamins. Again Imwould only use something with electrolytes for a day or two, then switch to B complex which contains only B vitamins and sometimes C. B12 only has B12 vitamin. Riboflavin is B2 which is the important one for leg health in chickens.
Got it. Started the rooster booster poultry booster for now in the feed for the one that is bad off. No more symptoms in Jethro as of right now finger crossed 🤞🏼

Not to step in here and throw things off—what I’ve seen and read in this thread all points to Mareck’s—is there any swelling in the leg joints, especially the hocks? About a month ago I had to put down a last remaining bird with similar symptoms to what I saw in your video. She couldn’t stand without wobbling, but her legs were badly swollen, and when she did stand, she had to use her wings to balance. I never did find out exactly what it was, but I ultimately narrowed it down to Mareck’s or Mycoplasma Synoviae bacteria. If you get a necropsy, you might ask the examiner to look into that as well. The symptoms can appear similar to Mareck’s but some serious bio security could protect the rest of the flock. Good luck. It sucks to watch your birds get sick.

Not to step in here and throw things off—what I’ve seen and read in this thread all points to Mareck’s—is there any swelling in the leg joints, especially the hocks? About a month ago I had to put down a last remaining bird with similar symptoms to what I saw in your video. She couldn’t stand without wobbling, but her legs were badly swollen, and when she did stand, she had to use her wings to balance. I never did find out exactly what it was, but I ultimately narrowed it down to Mareck’s or Mycoplasma Synoviae bacteria. If you get a necropsy, you might ask the examiner to look into that as well. The symptoms can appear similar to Mareck’s but some serious bio security could protect the rest of the flock. Good luck. It sucks to watch your birds get sick.

There is no swelling whatsoever in the legs. He’s beginning to walk further and further in the yard. I’m not putting him with the others until he’s regained full control and shows no signs or symptoms. I will post a video in the morning what he does in the yard. I had to run after him tonight before he ran towards the road lol. Booger is gettin’ fast! The last bird I lost with these symptoms had one leg with a swollen “sore” between like his knee joint and “ankle” but it was almost as if it was broken or bitten. There was a scab and crustyness around the feathers but he never recovered like this one has. And he never tried to get up either. I have severe guilt I didn’t try more with him.

Back
Top Bottom