My babies are dropping weeks apart with the same symptoms, Help me identify the disease!!

Pics
Cervical Dislocation is shown in this video at about 1:00,
Click the 'Watch this video on YouTube'
it's the only CD video I've found that doesn't remove the head.
-Notice the slight divot in the ground under the stick and neck, this will keep the bird from being choked.
-Notice that she slowly stretches out the neck and legs before giving the short sharp jerk that breaks the neck close to the skull, this is key to success IMO.
I've found this technique to be very effective.
My husband uses loppers. It doesn’t cut the skin but it snaps it quickly. I want to throw up thinking about it. But him suffering like this. And possibly getting others sick is the only thing keeping me going. 😭😭💔💔💔

Sorry about your wife @chickenfinder . Actually using the loppers @mandymcg05 is rather common, and it goes instantly. I have tried cervical dislocation, but I usually cut the jugular veins with them suspended by the legs from a tree. No method is completely easy for those of us with a tender spot for chickens. Let us know what you decide, and we always are interested in reading necropsy reports. The earlier they receive the bodies, the more accurate the results on doing the necropsy.

Sorry about your wife @chickenfinder . Actually using the loppers @mandymcg05 is rather common, and it goes instantly. I have tried cervical dislocation, but I usually cut the jugular veins with them suspended by the legs from a tree. No method is completely easy for those of us with a tender spot for chickens. Let us know what you decide, and we always are interested in reading necropsy reports. The earlier they receive the bodies, the more accurate the results on doing the necropsy.
I won’t be able to drive them to Lexington until probably Wednesday or Thursday. I hate it can’t be tomorrow but I’m now a stay at home teacher lol. #thankscovid

My husband went ahead and did the deed. I hate it. Absolutely hate it. But it had to be done. Poor guy is running around on the rainbow bridge though 😓💔

I will keep yall posted on the results ASAP! Thanks again for all your help 💜💜

Back
Top Bottom