My babies came today.....got pics!

NewToFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Millersburg, PA
My chicks came today! They are the cutest things! I got 25 mixed females. One was dead on arrival and one has spraddle leg which we taped up and she seems to be doing better. I am including some pic of them. Any ideas of what kind they might be? I believe I have some nakeds but the rest I have no idea.

c2e07374.jpg

0817e5cf.jpg

a5b8b20e.jpg

This is the only one like this. he seems alot fuzzier than all the others

4f77bf9b.jpg

My daughter was the one home when they came today. She did an excellent job tending to them all and taking care of the one with spraddle like which she is holding in this pic. Of course the chick is up in her room with her now!
wink.png

d5b647ba.jpg

I actually made a two room brooder for now until I get the larger one done. They seem to love running back & forth.

14750941.jpg

11d39535.jpg

I had to share this one with you. My Chow loves them and cries until I get one out for him to see. He even kisses them!!!

4260f35c.jpg

Thanks for letting me share these and I look forward to the world of chickens!

Last edited:
Ohhhh YAAAAYYY!!!! How cute!
love.gif
Congrats!!! I CAN'T wait for my'n!!!! Until then I'll just have to look at pics of cute fuzzy butts!!!
jumpy.gif

Willow's Meadow :

Ohhhh YAAAAYYY!!!! How cute!
love.gif
Congrats!!! I CAN'T wait for my'n!!!! Until then I'll just have to look at pics of cute fuzzy butts!!!
jumpy.gif

Oh my! You will be so glad you got them! They have such personalities for being so young! When are yours due to arrive?​

My chicks are 3 weeks old now and I can't believe how fast they are growing. Enjoy your babies. They are so cute. It looks to me that maybe you have some Rhode Island Reds and maybe and Easter Egger but I am no expert. I also agree with the naked necks.

welcome-byc.gif
Congrats on the new chicks, they sure are cute.Yep on NN. You are gonna love it here and you will get the chicken addiction real soon. Also you will learn chicken math that is the fun part.
I know where Millersburg, Pa. is , I love the Ferry ride.
Good luck with the sweet fuzzy butts.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Thanks! The one with the spraddle leg seems to be getting stronger. She is sitting upright alot easier and for longer periods of time. Are there any long term effects from the spraddle leg? I still have her taped up but she seems to be doing better. She didn't want to eat or drink initially but is doing better with that with help.

Chick4Chicks:
I just moved to the Millersburg area. I grew up in the Williamstown/Tower City area. But yes, I have taken the kids on the ferry many times. I didn't get a chance to check if it is still running but will have to do that soon. I know a few years back they were talking about closing it down due to financial reasons but didn't think they did.
And you will have to teach me the chicken math!
wink.png

Quote:
Oh my! You will be so glad you got them! They have such personalities for being so young! When are yours due to arrive?

They come June 16th. I am getting 10 buff orpingtons pullets, 5 brahma pullets and 1 brahma roo. I am getting them from Cackle Hatchery. Where did you get yours?

I got mine from MyPetChicken.com. I got the 25 mixed female so it will be a surprise what I end up with in the end. The nakeds I know for sure and they are the friendliest little things!!! MyPetChicken really helped my daughter when she called about the one with the spraddle leg and talked her through taping her legs and they already credited me back for the one that didn't make the trip so I must say they do have some good customer service.
You will have to post pics of yours when they arrive!

Back
Top Bottom