My Babies Htched!! **PICTURES!**

basketballndl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 9, 2010

i don't have names for them yet but they hatched under their broody momma today while i was at school. I couldn't believe it when i came home and there were 3 baby chickies in my coop!!!!!!!!

i am soo excited... does anyone know if i should remove the egg shells from under the broody mom????

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
ya.gif
:ya:ya:ya:ya:weee:weee:yiipchick:yiipchick:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy
jumpy.gif
:jumpy
jumpy.gif

I've only had a broody once (recently) and she only hatched out one of the eggs I set under her. I took out the shell and the quitters as soon as I had a chance.

Aww. They are so cute! Congrats. I have 2 banty mamas who are supposed to hatch out on sept 25! I can't wait! Anyways what breed are your chickies?

HB&B :

Aww. They are so cute! Congrats. I have 2 banty mamas who are supposed to hatch out on sept 25! I can't wait! Anyways what breed are your chickies?

well i have 3 road island reds, 2 ameraucana's, 2 silkies, 1 silkie rooster, 1 plymouth barred rock, and one silver dorking rooster and 1 cochin.

but the chicks came from a mixture.

1- Silver dorking RIR mix(i'm guessing its the dark brown one)
2-Silver Dorking Ameraucana mix(probably the tan one)
3-Silver Dorking Plymouth barred rock mix(most likely the white chick which is not shown in this picture.

But when looking at them all from the top, they have the same markings(Silver gray Dorking chick markings) but their base colors are completely different.

i am expecting another RIR/silver dorking mix to hatch sometime sunday or monday.​

Last edited:
Quote:
well, my silkie went broody a week before i gave her actual eggs to sit on.

she started out with 5 but i ended up candling them along the way and only one of the eggs was not developing so i threw that one out.

i was originally expecting them to hatch today (9/10) but i guess the eggs were a tad bit smaller than the norm. so they came a day early. but they are happy and healthy and the other hens in the coop are jealous and curious about the new peeps but they keep a safe distance from the overly hostile mother and her peeps.

Back
Top Bottom