My baby chick was killed last night :(

I have killed so many chicks during my teen years, that I lost count. Now when a chick dies on me is because of other reasons beyond my power and it always hurt. But that's what happens when you raise chickens, not all of them make it.

But there is a difference between an accidental death and one that is due to Negligence. And your case is border line Negligence. If you and your parents don't have the means to keep chickens, perhaps you shouldn't be keeping chickens.
I tend to agree, unfortunately. This thread was kind if hard to read for me. But I take animal care seriously - always have. So I thought it was just me who read this and was a little put off.

my chicken and duck I have right now [...] they keep trying to mate and my parents aren't doing anything about that either.
If your duck is trying to mate the chicken, there's a chance he'll **** your chicken to death.

Please either humanely cull those birds or give them to someone who has an idea of how to care for them. I'll be blunt given the limited understanding I have from your posts at the risk of a digital time out: I 100% agree it doesn't sound like your family should be caring for any animals without rethinking a radical change to your approach at animal care.

Even fish require care from owners who will provide the knowledge, time and financial resources it takes to properly cycle and maintain a fish tank without leaving the fish to stew in their own waste. That goes way beyond driving to Pet***** and asking them what fish they recommend for a beginner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom