My baby chick

Mar 26, 2023
My 1 day old chick falls to its back and can’t roll itself over. Head is close to the ground when standing and when it lifts its head the head shakes like crazy. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with it or how i can save it if it’s dying

Is it dehydrated? Overheated?

I would try NutriDrench for a quick energy boost and hydration... there are some recipes for homemade electrolytes you can give too.

I'm sure others on here will have good suggestions as well!

Was it hatched by you or your hen?
Or purchased?
Are there other chicks, or only this one?
Are the toes curled?
What kind of bedding are you using?
Check it's eyes, nose & ear area, do you see any discharge?

Picture and/or video would help us see what's going on ... To do a video, you must post to YouTube prior to linking to this site. Keep it warm & if it's with others make sure they don't trample it. IF you try to give it any liquid be very careful, put a drop at the tip of it's beak & not in it's mouth to prevent aspiration.

Was it hatched by you or your hen?
Or purchased?
Are there other chicks, or only this one?
Are the toes curled?
What kind of bedding are you using?
Check it's eyes, nose & ear area, do you see any discharge?

Picture and/or video would help us see what's going on ... To do a video, you must post to YouTube prior to linking to this site. Keep it warm & if it's with others make sure they don't trample it. IF you try to give it any liquid be very careful, put a drop at the tip of it's beak & not in it's mouth to prevent aspiration.
It was hatched by me.It was in an elongated egg. There are and it’s the only one that does this. All the others are fine.
Toes are not curled.
There is no discharge.

Post a few pictures ... It's possible it needs time to "straighten" out.
If it's eating/drinking/pooping and fine with the rest, I'd keep a close eye on it watching for improvement within a few day/week.

Post a few pictures ... It's possible it needs time to "straighten" out.
If it's eating/drinking/pooping and fine with the rest, I'd keep a close eye on it watching for improvement within a few day/week.

Attachments

• 586191A7-70F8-4B1D-B7EA-9D9185E479D4.png
    586191A7-70F8-4B1D-B7EA-9D9185E479D4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 4323049F-0097-49C6-B9D6-C73D2293BCEB.png
    4323049F-0097-49C6-B9D6-C73D2293BCEB.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom