my baby chicken died with in three day of having it why????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by catcode101, Feb 10, 2013.

1. catcode101

catcode101 New Egg

Feb 10, 2013
    ok so i got sixteen baby chickens and one is not growing or eating & drinking. so one day i gave them worms and and the one ate too worms so i thought that it was fine three days later it week and will not move so i want to no why is it the food? is it that the other chickens are pecking it? or the worms? i am really sad because its a nice little chick please help[​IMG] thanks

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sometimes chicks just fail to thrive. It could be any number of things. It's hard, I know--very sad. But it sometimes just happens... :-/ I'm very sorry.

3. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    It could be many different things, it's sad, but that's nature. Some just are weak or for other reasons just can't make it.

Wishing you all the best with the rest of your flock. And, welcome to BYC!

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Sorry for the loss. It could have been any number of things. I had 2 chicks that never grew past the size of about 1 week olds. They were tiny but were eating and drinking for a few weeks. I culled them at about 4 weeks because they seemed to be declining.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by