My baby Cockatiels egg just hatched!!

NO TUBE FEED!!! THATA FOR SICK BABYS,I AM TALKING ABOUT THE SYRINGE 1cc to start out, get the hang of it
I was talking about the two pipes that are inside a birds beak one gorles to the crop the other goes to the air sac, lol don't know the medical term names of theses pipes.
One thing that's good is you are dealling with a small /med baby, littlest bigger beak. Cockateils are as small as a quarter so their beak and that darn pipe is real small.:D

My first feeding on the baby was at 12.30.. I didn't do so bad I think hahaha.. Just one thing if I acsidently got the food in wrong hol whithout knowing it how long before he wil die or what wil happen?

Sometimes its ok, the baby will cough it out kind of. Its when you get some in and they cant cough it out, I had that happened, ack it was crazy, he didn't open his crop lilies and the food went to the air sac, I thought he was going to die, my hubby grabbed the baby and put the baby's head in his mouth then he popped (sucked) the food out of the air sac it happened so fast, five seconds later, the baby was screaming for food, he was fine. Like nothing happened, he was standing screaming at the syringe to feed him.
I am so happy that your baby came, you will have such a great bond with him, he will always think of you as mom.
You can keep track on a paper, his weight to how much he eats, each time you feed him (weight once in the morning, this helps you see how fast they grow and can come in handy even to look at it when hes older, how tiny they were lol.
study how much to give him per a feeding, because in about four days or sooner you want to build up his crop but do it slowly, or go by his weight like I told you.
you are going to have a blast!!!!
take care

Thanx a lot just gave second feeding and his pumping very we'll..I can't get the syringe into his mouth so I'm putting it only next to his mouth and when he start pumping I give a drop and I'm checking the crop so its not that mush stafed because I don't have a scale :( I'm reading every where on the net not to give after 10 pm and start at 5am crop must be fully empy atleast once every 24 hours so don't realy know what to do?? When wil my baby open his eys? And whem wil he start looking like a birdy with more than that yellow fluffies?

Back
Top Bottom