My baby Cockatiels egg just hatched!!

Mizzy
Congrats on the new babies. Mine are almost 4 weeks old. They grow quick. Just one little concern...in the photo with mom, eggs and chick, it looks like you have some kind of shredded bedding. I would recommend you take that out. The little ones can get tangled in it and they really don't use bedding out in the wild. They are quite happy in a clear box.

Have fun!
smile.png

Please please please help.. If got 2 sun conior egg 2 days ago by a friend and tonight I see they are starting too hatch in my chicken incubator!! It is the first time ever I incubate birds and didn't expect them to hatch in 2 days time I wanted more time to get everything in order.. I don't have any bird food and it is already late at night no place are open.. What can I give them to eet? Whem must the feedings start?and how much food at a time? Please help me... O and how long does they normaly take to hatch? How long after birth must I take them out of incubator?

Oh man. A lil over your head if you have this many questions. Feel free to call your local vet to get some questions answered. Here is a link with lots of info. Also just do an online search there is tons of information that you will find that will help you. I surely hope that these lil guys pull through. Keep us posted please. If you have any more questions you can also private message me. I have raised baby birds as well. Never hatched them though, I leave that to the parents.

Sorry I didn't get the link and thanx for the help - its 6.30 am right now and the baby is stil in the egg so arlease I have n chance to go ask help

PLEASE GET AHOLD OF A BREEDER!!!!!! ANY BREEDER FOR PARROTS, YOU HAVE NO IDEAL, HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!,HANDFEEDIND A BABY THAT YOUNG, ITS VERY HARD!!! IT LOOKS EASY BUT ITS NOT.
you need hands on, the food has to be at 103 degrees, when you feed them, they have two pipes, one for their crop and the other for the air sac, you have to teach them to CHUG!!! bobbin the head up and down, if they stop, you stop pushing food in them,it could go into the air sac, that's bad news.
many would say higher in temp on food but, going on my bird vet, she says 103 .and the baby needs to be heated at all times, plus humidity like a wet washrag in a bowl of water inside the box that they are living in,.
Go to birdchannel.com, great infor for parrots, you are looking at feeding them EVERY TWO HOURS!!!! look for your breed of baby and they will have a chart on temp, to how much you feed them, another thing that helps is weigh the babys every morning, 10% of the babys weight is the amount of food you give them, but sometimes you have to build the crop up to take that amount when they are so new.
a baby will have enough food from the egg for about 24 hours HOWEVER SAVE IS 12 HOURS.
I really wish we lived close by because I would help you learn, untill you get know how, or I would even just help you and raise them for you, lol no cost!
Wow I really hope you get a vet or find a breeder that would be kind enough to help you get started, u tube and other videos makes this looks very easy, but its not you need to get the feel of it, while they chug, but watch the way they have the syringe at a angle and how its lifted up, GO SLOW!!!!! DONT DO IT FAST!!! BUT THAT FOOD AS TO BE AT 103 AT ALL TIMES THAT YOU FEED THEM. cold food =sour crop, cold bird =sour crop.
Any question just ask, me, I will pop in to check this sight ..one thing NEVER FEED A COLD BABY FOOD OK? the crop might not work because the bird is cold.
mix food like grits, not heavy but not to much water, the water can get inside the air sac, kind of like pudding, thick this is for the new babys the older they are you add like the food will tell you.
Take care, sherry

Tube feed is for sick birds that can't eat properly on their own. So you need to use the right size of syringe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom