• How to help her

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Will she ever be able to walk

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Rcashk01

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2018
Baby Jack keeps falling over one of her feet I'm not sure if it's the lighted or what's going on my mom did pull her shell off part of her when she was being born not exactly sure how soon can anybody help me

Attachments

• 20180726_233335.jpg
    20180726_233335.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180726_233407.jpg
    20180726_233407.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 8
Are you using any form of niacin as a supplement if feeding chick starter? If I was you I would get B Complex liquid and start giving it to your lil Jack. Most leg issues in ducklings and gosling is a niacin deficiency you can get B Complex at TSC in the cattle dept or go to Walmart and buy human B complex liquid and start giving him 2-3 ml daily of human and 1 ml of the TSC it's more concentrated. It usually takes less than a week to see improvement. The B can be fed over treats or very carefully dribble along his bill or tiny drops right inside the bill with a needless syringe.

:welcome

I use Brewers Yeast sprinkled on top of their food; I got a can from a Sprouts, which is like an organic, fresh food store. It works better for me because I'm not too good with dosages lol, when I see the first signs of limping I just sprinkle some on top of their food for a day and two and it goes away pretty quick.

Are you using any form of niacin as a supplement if feeding chick starter? If I was you I would get B Complex liquid and start giving it to your lil Jack. Most leg issues in ducklings and gosling is a niacin deficiency you can get B Complex at TSC in the cattle dept or go to Walmart and buy human B complex liquid and start giving him 2-3 ml daily of human and 1 ml of the TSC it's more concentrated. It usually takes less than a week to see improvement. The B can be fed over treats or very carefully dribble along his bill or tiny drops right inside the bill with a needless syringe.

:welcome
Thank you I will do that first thing in morning

I use Brewers Yeast sprinkled on top of their food; I got a can from a Sprouts, which is like an organic, fresh food store. It works better for me because I'm not too good with dosages lol, when I see the first signs of limping I just sprinkle some on top of their food for a day and two and it goes away pretty quick.

When they are already having issues the B complex is the way to go then after the deficiency is fixed the other forms of niacin can be used . Actually Nutritional yeast has higher concentrates of niacin than Brewers yeast so if eventually you decide to add something use the Nutritional yeast.

@CayugaJana is our go to on B Complex.

Back
Top Bottom