My baby girl is poorly

Regarding giving her oil soaked bread, how much do I give her? Like I've only been giving her half a piece

Hi Rebecca94,

A half piece of bread soaked should be enough.

Can I ask - is her crop still not emptying?
Is she drinking plenty of water?
Does her breath still smell sour?
Is she eating at all?
Is she pooping?

Give her wet feed and make sure she is drinking plenty of water. If you were able to get some poultry grit (crushed granite) put it in a little dish so she can get some if she needs it.

Let us know how she's doing.

Hi Rebecca94,

A half piece of bread soaked should be enough.

Can I ask - is her crop still not emptying?
Is she drinking plenty of water?
Does her breath still smell sour?
Is she eating at all?
Is she pooping?

Give her wet feed and make sure she is drinking plenty of water. If you were able to get some poultry grit (crushed granite) put it in a little dish so she can get some if she needs it.

Let us know how she's doing.

So I turned upside down and massaged her crop that didn't do anything to her. I have tried to give her Olive Oyl so bad but she's turning away from it I don't really feel confident enough I'll comfortable to put a syringe down her throat. I went to my local poultry shop and all they had was the oyster shells. She always has the most of shells available if she wants it as well as all the rest of the chickens I haven't seen her drinking from my own eyes but I am assuming she has been drinking I also haven't seen her pooping. I will always let you know if there is any change she still has smelly breath her and her crop is still quite large

Hiya guys. Just thought I'd let you know I took my deedee to the vets a few weeks ago and she had to be put to sleep.

Turns out her crop had errupted and she had a hernia :(
Very sad day

Back
Top Bottom