My baby is sick :(

chucktownchick

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2015
Hi guys....
I posted on here last week about one of my baby chicks that I'm very concerned about. I listed his symptoms and someone suggested it might be cocciodosis. After reading about it, I was sure that is what he had. I began treating him and the rest of the flock right away. Yesterday was the 5th day on Corid. I have not seen any improvement in him.
He seems to just stand around most of the time. His feather are all crazy and messy looking. His head is hunched in. I notice him trying to get under the other chicks. His growth is seriously stunted compared to the others. He is about 3 weeks old.
Is there something else that could be wrong with him? He does eat and walk around, but for the majority of the time he just stands.
Right now....they are all lying down sleeping and he is standing with his head almost touching the ground.
I would appreciate any advice. This is my first try at raising chicks and I want to help him.

I'm sorry to hear that.
sad.png

I'm not an expert on chicken diseases, but the sickness could have weakened and stunted him. Offer plenty of vitamin rich foods, keep him warm and stress free, perhaps try some antibiotics. If it isn't a parasite or bacteria then it could be a virus.

I hope your chick gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom