My baby sicillian buttercups wont leave me alone

Butterloaf

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Any other buttercup owners out there ?Out of all my chicks buffs, favorelles,bramas, cochins ,polish, my buttercups 3 of the 5 I have fly and crawl up my arm to sit on my shoulder or lap they fall asleep on me and let me pet them and play with my hair and when I put them down thay run around the brooder and chirp until I place my hand back so they can come back to me , wich makes giving treats to my others a little hard lol. Out of all the flock I read that they are the most flighty but my favorelles are the most skittish the flock is 3 weeks old .Im hoping to post pics as soon as I have the correct number of posts.Im sure all chicks are different but just wanted to share my experience! I love this board

Congrats on your new chicks! I think that you will find that your chicks will differ greatly from what is generally expected of the breed. I believe that this variation is due to breeders who select their breeding stock based on temperament.
smile.png
I have leghorns who are notoriously flighty, but mine are very calm and friendly. Post pictures when you can and
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to byc! My neighbor has 1 chick. A buttercup. She is the sweetest thing. Climbs all over you. Will fall asleep in your lap. I also attributed it to Theodore being rraised alone by people.

All 8 of my chicks do this. I spend a lot of time holding and petting them. They love it and so do I!
love.gif
I do take them off my shoulders once they start pecking my earring and hair. I've wanted lap chickens and I've got them!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom