My backyard flock

Very cute! Esp. love those Orpingtons!!!
They're so fluffy!!!
celebrate.gif

They are so fluffy and they are very spoiled.I love my chcikens.Thank you for your reply.Do you have orps?

I only have 1, Millie. She is 7 months old and I just love her! I have always had a mixed flock, but never had Buffs, and she had easily become one of my favorites!
big_smile.png

I have some buff orp Easter egger babies.They are very friendly chickens.
I bred my buffs with my Easter egger roo.Do you hatch eggs?

Very Cute!
No I dont hatch eggs. I do have a black star, Dory, who goes broody twice a year on average. The first time I let her sit on 5 eggs and ALL five turned out to be Roos!! Since then, whenever she goes broody I order 4 or more little girls and then sneak them under Dory. Thats how I got Millie! With Millies group I also got 2 EE and a Silverlaced Wy.

I have to give props to my hen, Dory. She is the best momma I have ever had!

Wow,all 5 where roos.well Dory sounds like an amazing mom.They all sound like they are good chickens.They are lucky to have a good owner too.I didn't realize that I would ever be raising chickens,it all sounded crazy a few years ago.But I really enjoy raising them.I have a small flock only 7,but I am trying to expand,my sister wants some too.Do you get colored eggs?I am hoping to get an EE hen.I would really like to see your chickens,I bet they are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom