MY BARRED ROCK

one of my chickens did that I call her bow she would hardly walk she would lay a lot and have legs out and her toes on one leg paralyzed since I put her outside in a coop she does a lot of running around she still has the bow legs and paralyzed toes but I think she got better because I put antibiotics in the water she's gentle and loves to be held to fall asleep in my arms but she'd she never got worse the legs have seem to have gotten stronger I am hoping her toes doI would try antibiotics first and see what happens

did your chick squak and now she pooped green runny and just now as i was feeding her she pooped like a white creamy please note she has not ate any foods just drinking

we said that if she is not any better my morning we are putting her down but if she is going to get better then I don't want too. Just the thought of putting her down brings tears to my ears but I dont know what else to do. I have been giving her antibiotics since Tuesday and it seems like her health is getting worse...

Bring her to a Vet. Any vet near your immediate area. If they can help; which they most likely can; they will do their best. And if they can't help, they will point you in the direction of a facility that can. And if they don't, ask.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry she's not doing well. If she's curling her feet it does sound like a vitamin deficiency but it sounds as though there's more going on there as well.

I would echo ichickengirl and suggest a vet appointment.
If she's terribly light I would look at tube feeding her. There's a lot if posts on how to do this.
I know it's hard to decide when to let them go but if she's mouth breathing it could be that she's in pain.
I'm sure she knows that you are doing everything you can for her.

Thinking about you both x

Back
Top Bottom