My Barred Rocks revisited

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rayolamp, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Rayolamp

Rayolamp Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2011
    Posted some pic,s a while back looking for help figuring out what sex my chicks were.
    Now 8 weeks old if the seller was correct?
    Looks like gertty is a he, bigger comb and wattles than it's twin and his legs are a pure yellow. Gerttys twin has very small wattles and smaller comb with a blackish wash down the front legs. [​IMG]
    Now as far as the two littler ones, this morning during treat time the bigger one of the two challenged it's sibling, stood up straight an it's feathers around the lower back of it's neck stood out , almost like a fan. Bigger waddles and a bit darker comb than it's sibbling! Both have pinkish black feet.
    [​IMG]
    So it's really starting to look like 2 hens and 2 roo's. Would be alot easier if you could just lift up there skirts to tell!!!
    I honestly believe the 2 larger ones are Barred Rocks and the smaller ones something else?

2. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    the big one is certainly a roo, the other may be also, not a good pic but a lot of comb for that young.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    first looks like a roo with its wattles and comb that big at its age and the other 2 look like hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by