My bf told me they were dead.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jennifersmith326, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jennifersmith326

jennifersmith326 Songster

Feb 15, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    My bf sent me this picture and told me my birds were dead. I didn't believe him but it did make me take a second look.
    [​IMG]

2. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Interesting place to sunbathe. A coil of wire [​IMG]

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I would have beat him. [​IMG] My chickens do that sometimes. The 1st time I saw it I thought they were dead. Scared me to death. lol

4. jennifersmith326

jennifersmith326 Songster

Feb 15, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    Quote:It is an extension cord, that the brooder box is plugged into. Thye are some silly birds, that is for sure.

5. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chirping

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    I would have beat him up. But that's just me.
    And the first time I saw my girls do that it scared me so bad, chickens just don't stretch out well.

6. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Sunbathing chickens look so incredibly stupid. I almost beat the dog into the moon until I found out the dead chicken in her pen was just playing silly buggers. Luckily the moment I screamed, "LOLA WHAT THE EFF DID YOU DO!?" the chicken jumped up and ran. And my poor dog was so upset.

7. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chirping

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    Quote:I did much the same thing, my poor pup Sirius was so scared when I yelled at him, but then the chicken in question got up and wandered over to me in search of treats... Poor Sirius, he always catches the blame.

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They are playing dead while the other hen sneaks in the house and steals all the goodies!

9. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Quote:There is always an underlying plan... I have a pic of my Australorp doing that, and my pig was looking at her wondering the exact same thing [​IMG]

10. Aubrinator

Aubrinator In the Brooder

First time I saw my chickens dustbathing, I had just spent half an hour looking for them and wasn't sure whether to be scared out of my mind or angry. When I found them lying upside down and rolling around I thought they were dying. That did NOT help my nerves. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: