my big turkey mistake...

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
So I got a pair of turkeys as pets and a bunch of BBW for eating. one the bbw reached about 2 months old they no longer wanted to sleep in their pen. In addition the large dog kennel was just getting yucky with the rain and poo and no amount of lyme and shavings was helping, so I let them sleep outside in the yard. BIG MISTAKE as they decided that my DS playset was the place to hang out!!!!

now I am down to just the pair (that will not be dinner) and 2 bbw that will go to processor before thanksgiving. But now my ds playset is covered in poo
sad.png

So yesterday I fenced in the playset and today I will be scraping, scrubbing, and disinfecting his set and hoping that they can no longer get in to mess it up again.

It will be a few hours of hard work that could easily been avoided had I put any thought into housing my turkeys sometimes I only learn the hard way
he.gif

In addition I have decided not to do a fall fettilization to the back yard as I think they took care of it for me.

I must say is was a hoot seeing them all in the playset and one even slipped and went down the slide (I almost fell over laughing at that)

Last edited:
Oh, I wish you had pics of the turkeys on the playset!

Some life lessons we have to learn the hard way. But I'm glad you learned this one for me!
lau.gif
I already can't keep the dogs out of the kids play fort. I shudder to think what birds could do to it.

Back
Top Bottom