My Birds 11/2017

Kenny_

Songster
Oct 13, 2017
Georgia, USA
First, I just want to thank you for your time and I have a large number of birds and I haven't taken individual pictures, but I will try to do that tomorrow. I wanted to create this thread and post the pictures I did have and see if anything stuck out to anyone so far. I received the bulk of the birds on October 4th and 10 of the birds on October 12th. I realize that it's only been a month so it might be a little early, but they are growing quite quickly, and I have begun to see some personality traits in them and they are feathering quite well.
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG
4%Q4dYZ5QOGS7NlqeUyE1w.jpg
3UNst4XBSJCC12n0zyrXCQ.jpg
9NvqcCVLQLSu2IV0jW97vA.jpg

This last one stands very tall, is quite skinny and doesn't have much feathers. It's feathers look pretty pointy.. when they bend over and squat, I think hen.. stand up and walk around cockerel. I guess maybe time will tell more definitively with this one unless someone knows?

Like I said, I definitely want to post more individual pictures tomorrow so hopefully I can get more of a clue as to if we will we having chicken dinner for Christmas or not. lol I know that's terrible! :p I hate killing chickens. I just cannot have roosters at my house - and I ordered females. Eh, we shall see.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    819.8 KB · Views: 7
Please post individual photos at 8 weeks of age.

The barred rock is showing wide white bars which indicate male - but I see the legs have a black wash over them - which is a female trait. It needs more time to decide what it wants to be.

The black with some white near wings and dark legs, Have no idea on breed this early.

Sorry for the wall of photos, but I got carried away this morning! It was pretty cold! Yes, I do definitely have heat lamps set up in the house - have 4 going. The door is open and they can choose whether they want to stay in or out - there is food and water inside and outside. Roosting bars inside and outside.
VtyppgyXSBOThHCBTh9rVQ.jpg
3FnlxJ%BRrmR8M7SrsIoMQ.jpg
H0qBKu7AT9qMOg094TUs9Q.jpg
m5oJD6jdShOqI5axHPLNYA.jpg
tHMFKrLCRfGLccokAmOa6g.jpg
GtW8%%aDQfuBvhZke9Hgfw.jpg
oNvIENLZRDy1SuxRv0NHhw.jpg
h1AeQDWmTI+2X%MJaHJucA.jpg
cLv6y%snTJCQAKrjpXtpyQ.jpg
CdFd2bPQT9Sb13kv3Ty9cA.jpg
JLEgFzqITOumM77%8DsYCw.jpg
kf2bJBEETd6Xi6K8v6deVg.jpg
DTH+JCiERVeEGSmy4hRXJQ.jpg
NaDhAyQrRmCthIVxmTmvSA.jpg
NhzSlC%5TYKu+LdXSmXwSg.jpg
vSACg635Q12jfvU03%DStw.jpg
wXulsPKqSw68NwE4asXRbw.jpg
OLWyt6b0TTa0HGKqs+Mucg.jpg
OKDjU8uBRVK+ZXGD0I5OoQ.jpg
OInHceN8RSCfss7KsQe62w.jpg
XIVqZm0+QYiGIPHYxxhltA.jpg
tV2ZIYdoR7GHYIY8jRKyXA.jpg
tvPgo%A2ReiPdjREfPhDaw.jpg
This is the one you guys spoke of earlier about possibly being cockerel. I can't tell. I know the comb doesn't necessarily mean the sex, right? I had a black chicken - and it could have been this one be aggressive to me so it's possible. We shall see come week 6 or so. lol
0kBvLm%qTSK3sOcZ3aVwOQ.jpg
T+QSD35pT222VRPcZfUgsA.jpg
0z0MCglhRVOhp54yJBcdQQ.jpg
15aNAH1jRzqB0P6duDfHcQ.jpg
This one is one of my easter eggers I believe - and I think it's a cockerel. am I right? If it is,. I sure am sad. But oh well.
6ZhUgDHUQxWY9nPsxSihVg.jpg
emLFH1Z2RO6uai6UYPELuA.jpg
NIrhN%zuQImbfEZqZ9mnmQ.jpg
eCP7JJo6Q9yfhk7gp8CHMg.jpg
aD5So3tcReyZH9Wno57kBQ.jpg
%DmGt8wURzKngtedQ6QGaA.jpg
4T4sI4a3QeuIacuabDozXA.jpg
GMDjWs4+Rs+XirCtE5xfHA.jpg
I absolutely love this grey bird. She's one of two similar grey birds. I hope it's a "she"- of course.
94uOAengRfG6WIzEC966+w.jpg
vP6afw7NTYuKq8wV8BRNYw.jpg
DJJCksrARTKM9FpAks2E3Q.jpg
This bird is the bird that I expressed I worried earlier might be a cockerel, but I just didn't know. It's so unique, and I really like it. It feels different! When it crouches down it looks hen, but when it stands it definitely looks cockerel. I have no clue. lol What breed do you guys think or is it still too early? I will of course post more in December, but I thought possibly we might know now. I just don't know enough information about chickens as of this moment.
8IBB3MjkSSGXM3slTO0UNQ.jpg
N%DBVIX6T2ab3Aja3HinWw.jpg
VGoPy8iSTemNZ1R66%xO3Q.jpg
this bird is so interesting to me.. I sincerely hope it is a hen! What breed is it?
t4XJsZfmTUy6LOtxaQfgbA.jpg
What breed is this bird do you guys think?

Attachments

• OznYxItTQ7yUm6vlxTjHCg.jpg
    OznYxItTQ7yUm6vlxTjHCg.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 5
  • j%QU0m32S2K2zIWjVbSIdg.jpg
    j%QU0m32S2K2zIWjVbSIdg.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 6
It would really help to number the pictures/birds so we could easily reference them since there are so many. The last picture of the big white bird is very likely a cockerel, probably white rock or possibly cornish x white rock.

Further up you have 4 pictures of a bird you say you think is an easter egger. It is definitely a cockerel and probably a Welsumer, not an EE.

The black bird roosting on the branch in the photo above the Welsumer/EE cockerel is also very likely a cockerel-- at that age a pullet wouldn't have the large, red comb and wattles. It's probably an Australorp.

As stated above, it's still too early to tell on most of these birds. Besides the 3 I mentioned above I don't see any obvious cockerels. But time will tell.

These two look like cockerels
tvpgo-a2reipdjrefphdaw-jpg.1189684

0kbvlm-qtsk3socz3avwoq-jpg.1189685

and possibly the white one the background
h1aeqdwmti-2x-mjahjuca-jpg.1189665

the second to last one looks like it maybe a Brahma or Brahma mix. The last one posted maybe a White Plymouth Rock.

Back
Top Bottom