my birds keep dying please help thanks

they are in a coop that is 4x4 and the total they have have is 8x8 that is 64sq i would think that would be enough room about 4sq per bird and i started with 10 and now have 7.

Quote:
There is always a reason. It may not be obvious, but they don't just die. I wish I would quit seeing this statement so often on here, as it is far from the truth.
he.gif

See if anything here helps:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=436974

thumbsup.gif
X2 I hear that all the time about these , bb poults ,and peachicks agree there a reason........

JustAChickenLittle&More :

Were these hatchery birds and did they come shipped to you? I know everytime I have ever ordered baby chicks I lost about a quarter of them.

Not sure where you are getting your chicks......but lose 25% is crazy out of 100 I raised 102 , they send 5 extra, lost the 3 because one as a chick drown, coon got the other 2 at 4 weeks age...​

Deerman ....I agree.

If I lost 25% of any chick order I would not use that breeder.
Or I would have to change my rearing methods.

Either way, loose 25% and you have already lost any chance of making any money or breaking even.

I will say in all honesty that in a bad year I would loose 10% which include predation.
Good stock will save you a ton of money in wasted time and feed.

Good feed, 22-28% protien has never failed me.

just my.02

Quote:
That doesn't sound right. We butcherd my moms cornish X a little over 6 weeks and they where HUGE! Like 5-7lbs each. I'm thinking your birds are a different breed. Do you have some photos of them?

Back
Top Bottom