My birds processed on Sunday.

Nice!

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I did not know you could eat Guineas. I guess they taste like chicken.
lol.png

smile.png

They are divine actually! They are both more delicate tasting AND more flavorful than chicken. Hard to describe.

But when my mom came over and had some, she did say it tasted like chicken (not in the pun way) and I was VERY offended.
wink.png

I would be in pure heaven if the birds in my fridge and freezer looked as round as yours. I'd have over twice as much meat to enjoy!

The Orpington was hatched on Memorial Day. The others were hatched at the end of June.
So that would make them about 21 weeks. The blue/splash Marans mixed with the White Rock
produced really big roosters. I had 10 total.

processed 3 RIR roosters and they are PUNY...long and not meaty at all...I think all I can do is make soup or boiled meat something. the huge barred rock roo is at least 6 or 7 lbs. same age.....the buff orpington was a really nice size and younger than the other 4..but meaty enough for a family meal.... will weigh them later... am not too happy with the RIRs....have not had to cull a hen so I have no idea what they would weigh but by looking at them now should be good.... They had to be moved out because I don't have room for the extra 5 roos anymore.....as they hatch they will become dinner because too many roos is a no no....They were 6 0r 7 months old.

Back
Top Bottom