My birds VS. Red Tailed Hawk

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
I know probably wrong thread area, but quail are my passion.

I went out to see how my chicks were doing on food and any more eggs and a hawk swooped down towards my chickens. At the last second it hit the brakes and landed about 40 feet in front of me next to my Buffs, he looked confused and split post haste.

As it stands......

Birds VS Chickens - chickens the winner
Wild Dog VS chickens - Chickens the winner!
Barn Cats vs chickens - you guessed it!!!!!

God, I think I have some ninja Buffs out here!!!!!!!

Hey a hawk actually grabbed one of my girls. To bad he picked the fattest meanest hen we have. Lets just say there were more hawk feathers on the ground then chicken feathers.
celebrate.gif

Hawks 0
chickens 1

Quote:
thats what happened here. The grand baby is running around with some of the ones I brought inside. they didn't kill it, but I guess that hawk decided to move along... without a few tailfeathers
wee.gif

I don't have any roo's but i kinda think my buffs are a little overfed (spoiled?). They protect the yard like a rottweiler would. hahahahahah that'l teach them!

Hey, I totally believe it!! I haven't lost any birds to raptors but I've seen hawks hanging around and they just don't seem to come close to my chicken pen and the cats are absolutely terrified of the chickens.

Quote:
Probably because your's are ninja zombie killers too!
ya.gif

woah i think the same dumb redtail was here today! LOL
lau.gif

I had my trio of marans chicks outside to enjoy the weather and forage on the ground for the first time. My one pullet made an alarm call and I saw a shadow swoop over my head...here a redtailed hawk was trying to get air after swooping over MY HEAD!!!!! Tryin to get my babies i dont hink so i would have PUNCHED IT if i had known! LOL!

all I know is that it was one of the funniest things I saw since the new barn cat decided to tangle with em!

Back
Top Bottom