My birds won't quit fighting!

LLCoyote

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
So the title says it all, I have two Embden geese that I hand raised last year. For about 7 weeks they were in the house with me, and then I put them out with the ducks. Everyone was fine, in fact they didn't seem to notice each other. But my goose started laying this year, and my gander got extremely aggressive towards pretty much everyone but me (because I wasn't afraid to get onto them). After she stopped laying, everything did a 180, and now my drake is constantly terrorizing my female goose. So the three run around the pasture screaming (goose, then drake, then gander) for what seems like an eternity until they're all exaughsted.

Does anyone know how to make them stop? Summer is right around the corner, and I'm afraid when the TN heat kicks in my geese are going to have a hard enough time (I picked the wrong breed for my climate). If they're running around for five or ten minutes in 90+ degree heat, won't it hurt them? Does anyone have any advice?

Separate them until the breeding season settles down. The drake wants to breed the goose, and she and the gander want no part of it. It will not stop on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom