My black chicken is growing in white?

cdmadaio

Chirping
Dec 10, 2017
recently, my black polish bantam died and I loved her so much I decided to get a new one in memory of the late pipsquiek. This new one, peanut, is starting to grow in white and black. Should I be worried? Some chickens change colors but pipsquiek automatically grew in black. Now, this chickens white baby fluff is turning into white feathers. Will she stay his way for life. I kinda wanted a white crested black polish bantam. Key word BLACK. I'll love her either way, but would be disappointed if this was the way she was going to stay

2x Same with any pet ... I lost my 10yr Chi in April 2011, July 4th I got a Chi/Terrier. Candy & Mia are totally opposites in personalities/characteristics but Hubby & I compared the two for years. Thank goodness Mia can't understand us, it's not fair to her. It took awhile for us to "let go", we no longer compare but do remember. Mia's loved ...

Sometimes its better NOT to have identical birds. Then you keep comparing it to the one that passed away. Even if it looked like your deceased bird, it wouldn't have the same personality & other traits. Better to make a break and appreciate the new chick for what it is.

You're right. I shouldn't compare her. We were thinking about getting into showing,so that's the only reason we would want her all black. After pipsquieks death, who was killed by either an animal, or died and then Was eaten, I realized that she was a show quality bird, and was going to try to show peanut (the new chick). I will love her no matter what. From what I have observed, the seem to have similar personalities, which I really enjoy because pipsquiek was an absolutely amazing chicken. And if they do have similar personalities I guess it's better that they don't look the same because then I'll be comparing her and not excepting her for her differences

How old is it?
She is about 5 days old, and I heard some people talking about chickens mounting and changing their color. I have a porcelain duccle and I heard they may only show their mature plumage after a molt, from what I've seen out of ours, she already looks semi porcelain.

Also, we are brooding them outside, so that is one of the reasons I'm thinking about the molting and changing color.

I am accepting peanut and am realizing that her white tipped wings and the rest being black and whitish is pretty cute. She likes perching just like pipsquiek

2x Same with any pet ... I lost my 10yr Chi in April 2011, July 4th I got a Chi/Terrier. Candy & Mia are totally opposites in personalities/characteristics but Hubby & I compared the two for years. Thank goodness Mia can't understand us, it's not fair to her. It took awhile for us to "let go", we no longer compare but do remember. Mia's loved ...

I've seen many similarities in pipsquieks and peanuts personalities so far. Peanut is not as feisty, but, she gets along well with the group. She likes to perch on my finger, just as pipsquiek did. Come to think of it, they're baby fur pattern is almost exactly the same. I think if they end up with similar personalities I'd like that more then them looking similar because that is just their physical characteristics, and as some have told me, that may change, but whatever comes my way, I will love and accept. I just wanted to know if she may change in the future

It is better the more different, because every animal is different from another anyway I lost my Pomeranian of 15 yrs a few years ago. My new dog that I got about 2 years later is a complete opposite, American bulldog ,her size personality is completely different and at I've had her for 2 years and love her unconditionally, but now that I think about it I think if I had try to replace my Pomeranian with another one exactly the same, it would have been a much harder process as each pet is unreplaceable. Embrace her differences, and love her. Cherish the memories from the last chicken and make new memories with your new one . Don't compare her to the last one as the last one deserves place she has in your heart and allow the new one to make her own place. Your heart is big enough to love them both just the same

Back
Top Bottom