My boy bit my mom today.

I am surprised that they are doing that even though that they are pilgrims! I usually just get a rake and I just put it under there chest and just throw them! It really works if you want to try it! But if he comes back at you then I just do it again and again until they stop!

Ok, Don't laugh. Try hissing at them or have your nephew and Mom spread their arms to their sides like an airplane when they approach. That's what my geese do to show whose boss when they are threatened. Also you could catch them and hold them for your Mom and nephew to interact with them and while the geese get used to them. You could also have them bring a treat and feed them each time they come. They start warming up really fast then.
I usually have guests feed them through the fence first. That usually makes both the guests and geese happy.

I was doing this with them. I guess my geese ended up thinking this was a threat that they wanted to fight or something.
I had my mom stand still yesterday and my gander came to nibble on her toes. When he started getting rough I told her to grab his bill and hold it shut. She obviously didn't hurt him any. (trust me I would have kicked her butt
tongue.png
) I told her to tell him NO firmly and he just stood there while she had his bill. He came at her gently again and she repeated the process. He got down off the deck and hid behind my flowers...
big_smile.png
and peaked out at her. We walked around the yard later in the day and he never bothered her. I don't know if this worked or what but I am hoping it did. One thing I have noticed is that geese are SO stinking smart. I speak to them out my window and I swear they understand what I am saying to them. If they are headed next door I tell them to come back and they do. They have been getting under the garden fence and nibbling my bean plants. I open the door and tell them to get out and they do... Bed time rolls around and I tell them bedtime and they go into their house. I really never thought I could be in tune with geese.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom