My boys and I got started on our coop today!

choko

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
We got started on our coop today. Since I've relied on donated lumber thus far, things have been...fun. Getting three boys 7 and under to help construct....anything...is always a fun challenge. We built the frame today, got the posts cemented in, put on the floor and one wall. It's not perfect, but for being scrap lumber and my lack of carpentry experience...I'm proud! Pictures to come soon!

Waiting on the pictures. Great that you are building memories with your sons. I applaud you.
clap.gif

Sorry if it doesn't come out right. Im uploading these from my phone. I wanted to take more pictures, but between chasing kids and constructing, I forgot to get them. I'm excited about the four of us finishing it tomorrow...if everything goes smoothly. But there's always a new adventure around the corner, so we'll see!

Looks great so far!!! Nothing better than working and hanging with your boys on projects. Mine are teens now it gets tougher to get them involved in those things with dad! Enjoy that time those memories last forever my friend!!!

This is what we got done today. Walls are up and hinges put in (the rest were put in after dark...no pics today). We built nesting boxes and the roost. We put in barrel locks to keep everything locked and in place. Next weekend comes roofing and painting!

Last edited:
Looks like its supposed to rain a little this week. I put some of the extra wood over the top for support and threw a couple of tarps on the coop to try to keep the rain out. Is hate to have the wood swell and warp before I get a chance to finish it and paint her up!

Back
Top Bottom