My boys are growing up

Canina

Songster
Oct 28, 2021
E89F485C-93F9-445F-9A31-61B052CDEDAB.jpeg

Kicking them out of the brooder so I can covert it back into incubator mode to hopefully get them some girlfriends. Hope a month or two age gap won’t be a huge problem when I eventually introduce them with great caution, or if it comes to it I will keep them separate as these two are best bros.

19D6F0BE-FBA8-41D2-9342-CC6C67D590E3.jpeg

They finally go in the Big Boy Cage I am so proud 😭😭😭

Nice looking birds. A couple month age difference will not matter. Just be sure the females are mature enough; 6 weeks.
Thank you and yep, I will wait until they’re old enough

@FloorCandy I am a total n00b but I’m thinking cinnamon x red breasted x blue face on the right? The pictures don’t show it but I believe I’m starting to see some blue above and red below that are almost identical in shade to the wild type one! I’m googling other pictures of cinnamon males and I’m not seeing truly red feathers on the wingtips? These popped up on top of the cream/whitish/brown colouration literally over the past 48 hours. I believe there was a double factor blue face in the same lot of shipped eggs but I can’t be certain who had what individual parents or what they looked like.

Last edited:
Thank you and yep, I will wait until they’re old enough

@FloorCandy I am a total n00b but I’m thinking cinnamon x red breasted x blue face on the right? The pictures don’t show it but I believe I’m starting to see some blue above and red below that are almost identical in shade to the wild type one! I’m googling other pictures of cinnamon males and I’m not seeing truly red feathers on the wingtips? These popped up on top of the cream/whitish/brown colouration literally over the past 48 hours. I believe there was a double factor blue face in the same lot of shipped eggs but I can’t be certain who had what individual parents or what they looked like.
I’m no expert either, @Ravenlover is awesome. I’m thinking cinnamon red breast, idk about blue face, because it looks like the facial markings are developing. My blue faces have no facial marking at all.

I’m no expert either, @Ravenlover is awesome. I’m thinking cinnamon red breast, idk about blue face, because it looks like the facial markings are developing. My blue faces have no facial marking at all.
Ah I was just about to tag @Ravenlover next ! I’m sure I’ve seen/read about double factor blue faced with strong white markings on the face and sometimes wing tips from the day they hatched even but I might be wrong.

The blue on the ‘cinnamon’ one is in two really distinct wide stripes either side of the throat down to the chest... I can’t find anything else quite like that pattern but pics of vaguely similarly coloured birds. The blue doesn’t look like the silvers and slates online either.
E1CF7F4A-B530-4D5C-9C05-180D6BA428AB.png

F868F8BF-0BB4-4A25-9D59-720AA47B64D7.jpeg

The lighting + phone camera is not showing the red at all but trust me it is really distinct from the brown in real life and the stripes more of a blue grey than a black grey. Anyone lol?
FE5C4EFF-B9BD-4B23-A0DC-FEAA343192C4.jpeg

56594887-3ED1-4E6A-94D8-17AAD17EB262.jpeg

3CD78D0B-43A8-4F75-94A4-A74090879414.jpeg

Last edited:
Will have to read and answer later getting ready for work 😂 saw this last second in bed last night but it's a 3am day so I'll get to it asap

Ah I was just about to tag @Ravenlover next ! I’m sure I’ve seen/read about double factor blue faced with strong white markings on the face and sometimes wing tips from the day they hatched even but I might be wrong.

The blue on the ‘cinnamon’ one is in two really distinct wide stripes either side of the throat down to the chest... I can’t find anything else quite like that pattern but pics of vaguely similarly coloured birds. The blue doesn’t look like the silvers and slates online either.
View attachment 2919877
View attachment 2919878

The lighting + phone camera is not showing the red at all but trust me it is really distinct from the brown in real life and the stripes more of a blue grey than a black grey. Anyone lol?
View attachment 2919907
View attachment 2919904
View attachment 2919906
He is the same as next to him except that he has cinnamon and the recessive white is bleeding through here and there blending his colors, white and cinnamon are recessive in these guys and cinnamon can lighten other colors in it's morph too, not dark enough for me to say blueface I think the white is covering his bib like it does in some, (also cinnamon carries the red gene doesn't it?) I'll have to look at my notes he's gorgeous 😍🥰,
Was there another one u wanted me to check too ?

Attachments

• 56594887-3ED1-4E6A-94D8-17AAD17EB262.jpeg.jpg
    56594887-3ED1-4E6A-94D8-17AAD17EB262.jpeg.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 2
He is the same as next to him except that he has cinnamon and the recessive white is bleeding through here and there blending his colors, white and cinnamon are recessive in these guys and cinnamon can lighten other colors in it's morph too, not dark enough for me to say blueface I think the white is covering his bib like it does in some, (also cinnamon carries the red gene doesn't it?) I'll have to look at my notes he's gorgeous 😍🥰,
Was there another one u wanted me to check too ?
Thank you for your insight 🙏 And I told him you think he’s handsome, he stood up and puffed out his chest 😂

Sadly we lost this one to boinking... They grew twice as fast as the other two and just would not stop jumping about like a looney :(

2EE35DFE-248C-443F-8CC0-490D475694D4.jpeg

Thank you for your insight 🙏 And I told him you think he’s handsome, he stood up and puffed out his chest 😂

Sadly we lost this one to boinking... They grew twice as fast as the other two and just would not stop jumping about like a looney :(

View attachment 2920287
He's so cute I can't tell at that age though cuz my Darth went through like 4 changes before he settled on his colors when he was small, and haha he's a smart boy then, my Darth luci and my normal red breasted king son of savi knows when I talk to them too

Back
Top Bottom