my BPR

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sparky chicken, Jan 19, 2014.

1. sparky chicken

sparky chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2014
    When my chicken sparky was a baby, we picked him up at a farm store. He almost died over night. He didn't though, thank goodness. After that we named him sparkle. About a month later we realized he was a guy, and renamed him sparky. When he got older, he struggled as the runt. After all, he was the only chicken from the pan fry special.
    One day, the other chickens wouldn't let him eat or drink. He was so mad that he rammed into the other chick, witch went flying out of the box. This act of heroism let every other chick know that he was the boss, and he wouldn't take no for an answer.

2. sparky chicken

Jan 19, 2014
    When he got older I thought him to race, and carried him everywhere like a purse. Eventually he started to beat me in races, and did what looked like kung fu. He grew closer to me, and became my favorite chicken.

3. sparky chicken

Jan 19, 2014
    When he was full grown he was diagnosed with asma. I began to take extra special care of him.

4. sparky chicken

Jan 19, 2014
    That same year a hard winter struck. He wasn't expected to live to spring. He did though. However he got sick. It started with a cold. Later, it took his sight in both eyes. Then he broke his beak. He had to be hand fed. In spring he recovered his sight and grew back his beak.

5. sparky chicken

Jan 19, 2014
    Now sparky is a full grown 2 year old rooster. With his condition though, and the cold weather, he most likely won't live to 3. Please pray for him, and also pray for his brother Carlos, who has lukeimia.
    Thank you

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Sparky has been through a lot, and you have been there to help him every step of the way. I pray for the best for Sparky and his brother Carlos.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  7. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    How horrid... prayers to your boys and kudos to you for nurturing them.

8. sparky chicken

Jan 19, 2014
    Thnx! ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by