My bronze turkey hens did it!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Finally! My turkey hens are 10 months old. We have eggs. My DH found a clutch of 10 in the barn last night. I have 6 hens and 2 toms so I hope we start seeing some fertility on these standard bronzes.

turkeyeggs.jpg

I bought a year old hen to go with my young tom and I was excited when I got eggs from her!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay - does this mean you are incubating this clutch? Do you incubate turkey eggs the same as chickens or do you need to do things in a different way (as in mist them, increase or decrease humidity) I'm learning lots about chickens but know nothing about turkeys
hmm.png

Same as chickens. These are the first eggs I haven't even cracked one yet to see if there is signs of fertility. If I have fertility I will incubate and have poults available.

Congratulations!!! I hope they're fertile!

We have 2 trios of Royal Palms and a pair of Bourbon Red that are about 9 months along and we're waiting for them to start laying which will be soon I hope
celebrate.gif

YAY, congrats!!!! Ours (BRs) just started laying too and they're about 80% on fertility already! You could have some of those hatch! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom