My broody cracked it and sat on it crushing it but it is prematurely late because I should of hatched on the 28 but it’s now the 2 what can I do

Danielduck018

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2023
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 1
Do you see any blood in the egg? (I don't see any in the picture). If no blood, the duckling is ready to be helped out. In fact it may be shrink-wrapped and not able to hatch without assistance. If you see any blood, the blood vessels and likely the egg yolk have not been fully absorbed, and the duckling is not ready to hatch. The article linked in post #2 is excellent, & should be read by everyone before attempting an assisted hatch. Good luck wiih the little duckling.

Do you see any blood in the egg? (I don't see any in the picture). If no blood, the duckling is ready to be helped out. In fact it may be shrink-wrapped and not able to hatch without assistance. If you see any blood, the blood vessels and likely the egg yolk have not been fully absorbed, and the duckling is not ready to hatch. The article linked in post #2 is excellent, & should be read by everyone before attempting an assisted hatch. Good luck wiih the little duckling.
Because the eggs was so crushed he managed to push him self out his yolk sac is still attached but is absorbing there was a tiny little bit of blood but not a heap, can only hope he makes it

How big is the yolk sac ? The big worry is it rupturing
If it’s just a small one I place baby on a dry paper towel and in a little bowl so they can’t move around
If it’s a large one I like to prop them back in the egg but with the egg being crushed you may not be able to do this
I would then wrap a dry paper towel around baby leaving out the head
Place in a bowl or small cup
We don’t want the yolk sac to dry out or rupture
Keep humidity up
If you can take a picture that would help

How big is the yolk sac ? The big worry is it rupturing
If it’s just a small one I place baby on a dry paper towel and in a little bowl so they can’t move around
If it’s a large one I like to prop them back in the egg but with the egg being crushed you may not be able to do this
I would then wrap a dry paper towel around baby leaving out the head
Place in a bowl or small cup
We don’t want the yolk sac to dry out or rupture
Keep humidity up
If you can take a picture that would help
It’s only small not big

It’s only small not big
That’s good
The smaller the better
I would still make sure baby can’t be trying to move around and rupture it
I had one with a small yolk and this is what I did
Baby absorbed and was able to come out of the bowl once done