BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Hey
smile.png

My buttons are finally laying..well i have 4 hens and 5 males

i have the 4 hens in the aviary but i only left 2 males in the aviary with the hens..and the 2 males that are in there are calm males... the other males were more aggressive with the hens

So anyways i have 4 hens but so far only one hen is laying.. she lays her egg in the nest box every evening on time..lol

I have been collecting her egg everyday i have 5 eggs now

i want to incubate her eggs to see if there fertile but i want to have at least 10 eggs before i put them in the bator

My question is....

Will my eggs still be fresh if i keep collecting them till i got 10? will they all be able to incubate

I have left bobwhite eggs in the nest, jumbled in the corner of the pen, for 40-50 days... every one has hatched.
wink.png
10 days is nuthin.

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I have left bobwhite eggs in the nest, jumbled in the corner of the pen, for 40-50 days... every one has hatched.
wink.png
10 days is nuthin.

ya.gif
that makes me so happy

Thanks Tori
hugs.gif

I'm not sure where I read it, but I think it was for Bobwhites or Coturnix, they actually said it was best to let them sit for 5 days before setting them. I haven't tried holding the BW eggs that long and then trying to ship them, and now she's not laying anymore.
sad.png
For optimum hatchability, I think the norm is 10-14 days, max.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I'm not sure where I read it, but I think it was for Bobwhites or Coturnix, they actually said it was best to let them sit for 5 days before setting them. I haven't tried holding the BW eggs that long and then trying to ship them, and now she's not laying anymore.
sad.png
For optimum hatchability, I think the norm is 10-14 days, max.

5 days is great, and knowing that the max is around 10-14 is even better because once my coturnix start laying i'd perfer to put in a lot all at one time not a few everday lol! I'm having so many studdered hatches now as it is it's driving me insane! LOL!​

Back
Top Bottom