My Button Quail!

Chikn-Chik

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Tellico Plains, TN
These are my two button quail. I started out with 36, but I couldn't keep up with that many..
sad.png
I decided to keep a pair as pets in the house. They live in a rabbit cage, it has a ramp with a platform at the top. Their 'hut' is up there. I keep a box of sand for them to bathe in. They love millet!

Here they are!! The male is a Tuxedo and I think the female is a Golden Pencil.

2011-09-06161600.jpg

The male, his color is Tuxedo and so is his name! Lol You can also see the females color on her back

2011-09-06161725.jpg

And here's the girlie! She still doesn't have a name. I just call them, 'Tuxedo and his girl'

2011-09-06162846.jpg

You can also let me know what color you think the girl is!

Quote:
They are beautiful!
Sometimes I have a hard time with coming up with names too.
hmm.png

I have a pair of Leopard Geckos and they are Mr. Handsome, and Mrs. Beautiful!
lau.gif
It was the best I could come up with.
gig.gif

Quote:
They are beautiful!
Sometimes I have a hard time with coming up with names too.
hmm.png

I have a pair of Leopard Geckos and they are Mr. Handsome, and Mrs. Beautiful!
lau.gif
It was the best I could come up with.
gig.gif

My college recently acquired a pair of Japanese hens and no one else seemed willing to name them, so I started calling them Sparrow and Nightingale. The name seems to have stuck!!
lol.png

Quote:
I don't give them flight time. They jump around the cage alot and do their 'calling' (I love their laughs!) The cage that I have them in has wheels so on warm days I roll them outside. (in the shade) They are tame to a point, (Tux is wayy tamer) but if I let them out, I would probably never catch them! They are small and fast! (like mice!)

Back
Top Bottom