My Button Quail!

Chikn-Chik

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Tellico Plains, TN
These are my two button quail. I started out with 36, but I couldn't keep up with that many..
I decided to keep a pair as pets in the house. They live in a rabbit cage, it has a ramp with a platform at the top. Their 'hut' is up there. I keep a box of sand for them to bathe in. They love millet!

Here they are!! The male is a Tuxedo and I think the female is a Golden Pencil.

The male, his color is Tuxedo and so is his name! Lol You can also see the females color on her back

And here's the girlie! She still doesn't have a name. I just call them, 'Tuxedo and his girl'

You can also let me know what color you think the girl is!

The Critter Place

Songster
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
Tucson, Az.
Quote:They are beautiful!
Sometimes I have a hard time with coming up with names too.

I have a pair of Leopard Geckos and they are Mr. Handsome, and Mrs. Beautiful!
It was the best I could come up with.

animal8

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 19, 2011
Oxford
Quote:They are beautiful!
Sometimes I have a hard time with coming up with names too.

I have a pair of Leopard Geckos and they are Mr. Handsome, and Mrs. Beautiful!
It was the best I could come up with.

My college recently acquired a pair of Japanese hens and no one else seemed willing to name them, so I started calling them Sparrow and Nightingale. The name seems to have stuck!!

Country Heart

City Girl With A
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
San Jose, California
Wow, nice pictures. They are a cute couple. I never considered quail as house birds. Do you have to give them "flight time" every so often? How does that work?

Chikn-Chik

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Tellico Plains, TN
Quote:I don't give them flight time. They jump around the cage alot and do their 'calling' (I love their laughs!) The cage that I have them in has wheels so on warm days I roll them outside. (in the shade) They are tame to a point, (Tux is wayy tamer) but if I let them out, I would probably never catch them! They are small and fast! (like mice!)

Top Bottom