my calls <3

LOVE THEM ALL!!!

And why do people get so weird with the whole PQ/SQ thing. I mean it's not like you see a Shelter dog and say, "Wow that's a really great dog too bad it's only pet quality." ??? Is there something I'm missing?
I also see quite a few people with "TSQ" ducks who haven't shown their ducks ever to my knowledge, so it seems a bit dishonest to me to be selling ducks/eggs from stock that hasn't been shown as TSQ when there's nothing but their opinion that their stock isn't pet quality anyway. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't show. Reminds me of people with their poor puppy mills dogs that "could be champions even though they'll never be shown because they have champions in their pedigrees" though.
roll.png
The bugs in my backyard don't care what "quality" the ducks are eating them, and I have just as much fun watching my pq ducks play as I would sq ducks. When DD is old enough for 4h and if she wants to show we'll get her some show birds, but what I have at the moment is better for the purpose I have for them than show quality birds would be. Which is to eat bugs, be lightweight enough to fly and escape predators free ranging so they don't have to be confined, entertainment for me, and a variety of colors for eye candy.

I also see quite a few people with "TSQ" ducks who haven't shown their ducks ever to my knowledge, so it seems a bit dishonest to me to be selling ducks/eggs from stock that hasn't been shown as TSQ when there's nothing but their opinion that their stock isn't pet quality anyway. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't show. Reminds me of people with their poor puppy mills dogs that "could be champions even though they'll never be shown because they have champions in their pedigrees" though.
roll.png
The bugs in my backyard don't care what "quality" the ducks are eating them, and I have just as much fun watching my pq ducks play as I would sq ducks. When DD is old enough for 4h and if she wants to show we'll get her some show birds, but what I have at the moment is better for the purpose I have for them than show quality birds would be. Which is to eat bugs, be lightweight enough to fly and escape predators free ranging so they don't have to be confined, entertainment for me, and a variety of colors for eye candy.
EXACTLY!

oh and julie i picked up the light colored mystery baby (who im thinking is a drake darnit!)
bute his beak is dark.
yellow feet .
looks pure white until u look close.
little flecks of a rly light color on his breast and on his back .

im thinking i have a silver (jumps up & down like a little kid)
this boy may just be staying here!!

EXACTLY!

oh and julie i picked up the light colored mystery baby (who im thinking is a drake darnit!)
bute his beak is dark.
yellow feet .
looks pure white until u look close.
little flecks of a rly light color on his breast and on his back .

im thinking i have a silver (jumps up & down like a little kid)
this boy may just be staying here!!
How pretty! I love silver ducks, I think the whitish/silver color with the dark bill and feet is gorgeous.
I can't wait to see what colors I get once mine lay. I'm guessing mostly snowy and black/blue magpie, but since they are from mixed color flocks I'm thinking about anything can pop up. Which is going to make it hard since I'll want to keep them all. I think if the gray is a boy I'll pair him with my black magpie for now, until I hatch out a better match for him.

How pretty! I love silver ducks, I think the whitish/silver color with the dark bill and feet is gorgeous.
I can't wait to see what colors I get once mine lay. I'm guessing mostly snowy and black/blue magpie, but since they are from mixed color flocks I'm thinking about anything can pop up. Which is going to make it hard since I'll want to keep them all. I think if the gray is a boy I'll pair him with my black magpie for now, until I hatch out a better match for him.
im lovin him 2 even tho its a drake. and lord knows i dont need more of them
he will prolly stay unless i can get a hen the same color to hatch (fat chance)

and yea you will get about anything and everything im sure.
itll make for some interesting colors.
just do what i do keep and grow out the odd ones (of the colors you want) and sell the rest.
then pick and choose once everyone is feathered

They are all super cute. To list PQ or SQ is let he buyer be ware what they are buying. It also lets people new to a breed be aware they are looking at a bird bred to the SOP, or one bred for pet enjoyment. Someone wishing to set up a breeding program and show would want to know the quality behind the birds. PQ serve the best purpose, they bring their owners great amounts of joy. Small flock owners and hobiest shouldn't let PQ/SQ bother them, if you the owner just want a fun flock to enjoy then dont worry about the "label".

SQ will always cost more, and PQ will always be readily available.

They are all super cute. To list PQ or SQ is let he buyer be ware what they are buying. It also lets people new to a breed be aware they are looking at a bird bred to the SOP, or one bred for pet enjoyment. Someone wishing to set up a breeding program and show would want to know the quality behind the birds. PQ serve the best purpose, they bring their owners great amounts of joy. Small flock owners and hobiest shouldn't let PQ/SQ bother them, if you the owner just want a fun flock to enjoy then dont worry about the "label".

SQ will always cost more, and PQ will always be readily available.
Both have their uses. I'll be looking for exhibition quality for DD once I've had a chance to go to a few shows and get an idea of what I'm looking for, since I'm pretty clueless right now.
smile.png
I'll still be keeping my pets around for yard ornaments, bug control, and hopefully good broody mommas in case I don't feel like incubating.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom