My Carolina Coop

Gorgeous! Amazing attention to detail. Is it my eyes, or am I seeing coated 1/2" hardware cloth?

Also, have to ask: that red hose coming out of the trench--did you run hot water to it?

I think we have twinsie EE boys :)

Attachments

• EasterEggerChickens-snow.jpg
    EasterEggerChickens-snow.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 12
Gorgeous! Amazing attention to detail. Is it my eyes, or am I seeing coated 1/2" hardware cloth?

Also, have to ask: that red hose coming out of the trench--did you run hot water to it?

I think we have twinsie EE boys :)
Yes, that is the coated hardware cloth. I couldn’t find it in stock where I live but the hardware/lumber store in town special ordered it for me. I tried to match the build as closely as I could to CC. I watched so many of their videos over the years and have so much respect for the product (I just couldn’t justify writing that check).

That red hose is just the color of the pex line I ran over there. It splits near the coop. One line goes to the water hose and the line you see in the picture will be for a watering bar once I get around to that project.

Incredible!!

I have many pictures during construction (I built it in the barn in 15 different pieces). If you have any interest in seeing them.
I would love to see the process!
Make an article for that: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/chicken-coops.12/ - I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see how to construct something similar for themselves. :)
Ditto Dat!

Curious....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1618668840165.png

Last year I contacted Carolina Coops to see if they would sell me plans for their coop. Understandably, they declined. So I decided to build my version of their coop. I still spent way too much money on the coop, but it should outlive me with proper maintenance.

The entire structure is 12’ wide by 36’ long (coop is 12’x6’ and the run is 12’x30’). It has 3 12’ roost bars and two 5’ undivided egg hutches. I walled off the areaView attachment 2619979View attachment 2619980View attachment 2619981View attachment 2619982View attachment 2619983View attachment 2619984View attachment 2619985View attachment 2619986 underneath the coop to use for new additions and birds that need isolation.

It was a fun project that still needs a few trim details and a little more paint.

Twenty five Barred Rocks and Eater Eggers (and one EE rooster) enjoy free ranging in the little stand of trees around the coop.
This is awesome!! Would you be willing to share your plans?

That’s impressive! Great looking build.
I didn’t have any plans, I just did what seemed right. I do plan on detailing the build as the others have suggested when I get the time. I literally drew the plans on the back of a piece of wood and started building.

I didn’t have any plans, I just did what seemed right. I do plan on detailing the build as the others have suggested when I get the time. I literally drew the plans on the back of a piece of wood and started building.

Good work!

I drew up the plans for my coop article by going out with a tape measure and measuring everything then transferring it all to graph paper.

Of course I forgot things. I was measuring the nest box sides by flashlight the day I was determined to finish the drawings. :D

Back
Top Bottom