My Cavy is really a Gremlin!

be carful 2 guinea pigs can equal 35, real fast
hmm.png

Thanks for all the warnings and cute comments.. but I have learned my lesson with dealing with idiots that claim they know what they are doing when identifying genders.

It isn't J.R.'s fault that she was mislabeled ..and it isn't mine.. but what's done is done and because of it.. they will stay here with me.

J.R. is with her pups for now... Giorgi is in his bachelor pad.. and in a few days, I will start fine tuning my skills at determining boys from girls, so at 3 weeks ...little dudes can be moved to their own little area of the BIG Cavy Castle (C'n C cage) ..until boys can be introduced to Giorgi safely... and little chicas will stay with Mommy J.R.
big_smile.png

Btw.. my home is a rescue for various animals ...mostly Exotics.. rats, reptiles of variation.. and even fish and some amphibians and arachnids. Some stay here for the rest of their days and others just take advantage of a nice stepping stone to their forever homes... either way, they are all well cared for and provided with proper Vet attention, etc.

I may even broaden my rescue effort to Cavies now.. since I am definitely learning a LOT more than I anticipated when I found Giorgi in a 10g tank and malnourished...
hmm.png

Oh.. and Cavies are social "babies" just like Rats and some other animals... they fare much better in pairs or groups, so if you are getting a Cavy.. please consider two ...just be sure they are correctly identified, gender'wise.
wink.png

I'm sick with some icky virus, but I promised pics and here's a few blurry ones..

IM001875.jpg

IM001869.jpg

Mini-me is a little girl..

IM001874.jpg

IM001872.jpg

PEW I and II are little girls, too...

IM001870.jpg

IM001871.jpg

IM001877.jpg

Tortie kid is a boy! Giorgi will have a playmate, after all...

I was hoping for 2 and 2, so the cages would be even ..but what can you do... at least, they will both have playmates and no one will absolutely HAVE to have surgery
wink.png

When I feel better and can keep up with the little speedsters, I'll post better ..less blurry... pics
tongue.png

Last edited:
How sweet! What an interesting suprise! Did you realize it was a pregnant she before the babies came? *ha* How is spaying and neutering for guinea pigs. I know bunnies handle it quite well; my Bun Bun was good to go in just a few hours.

Good luck with your new family!
big_smile.png

Thanks!
smile.png
Actually, I was thinking J.R. to be a boy up until about a week or so before delivery ...and then the big tummy just had me stumped.. but I was really still in denial and hoping that I still had two little boy pigs.

I was reasoning that J.R. really does like to eat a LOT and he had just put on some extra weight.
hmm.png

Of course, when I saw him checking on his nether region every few seconds, I was getting more and more doubtful and it was starting to sink in that J.R. was a girl, after all. Heh..

Then the first little one popped out.. the little tortie kid ...and I was pretty sure then.. d'oh!
tongue.png

Fortunately, I have since learned to identify their gender correctly and will never ever rely on someone else to assure me of new rescues' genders. Ever..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom