My chick ate a stink bug!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Apr 13, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    My one week old chick caught a stink bug that flew into the brooder and ate it! [​IMG] She is still alive!! [​IMG] LOL It was the funniest thing. The stink bug landed on the floor of the brooder and she saw it and grabbed it and proceeded to run from the other 18 girls as they chased her trying to get her prize! [​IMG] LOL Hilarious! Finally, the other girlies realized they weren't getting that bug and left her alone. I guess it was jumping around in her beak and she beat her beak on the ground a few times to kill it and then just swallowed it! [​IMG] Then she ran to the water and drank! [​IMG] LOL I told the DH that we needed to watch her for the next day or so in case it made her sick. [​IMG] It's been over 24 hrs and she is doing great! [​IMG] I haven't named them all yet, but I might name her Stinky...any thoughts??

2. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] love the name hehe

3. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    a friend of mine says his chickens love the stink bugs. boy i hope mine do

4. ddcoyne

ddcoyne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Covington
    You could also call her Bugsy! That is so funny! I love to watch the chase! When one chick gets something and the others realize and start the hot pursuit. So cute!

5. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

or maybe Hali... short for halitosis [​IMG]

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Haha thats hilarious! I love the name too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by