My chick is having trouble.

AAJ

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
I have an egg that is hatching and I want to know if it is supposed to take this long. It keeps trying break the membrane but it can't. Should I wait longer or help it? ( just started hatching this morning)

How long has it been? I know it can take up to 24 hrs. Maybe longer but I am not sure there. I say wait. But hopefully someone with more knowledge will answer. Good luck.

Quote:
Sometimes mine take 24 hours from pip to zip. Has your's piped yet?
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

It has broke some of the shell and keeps moving it's beak.

109855_imag0036.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
When mine first pip the puncture a small whole and then for a long time all you see is the beak peaking out every now and then. After a long time up to 24 hous it will look like that then all of a sudden they start to zip. If it hasn't been a long time I would wait. It is hard but helping can hurt more than help sometimes
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Please wait at least 24 hours before you help the baby....I know it's hard but they get their energy from the yold of the egg....Greatt luck with the hatch!

I'm waiting for my New Years babies to hatch today
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
I have 4 Iowa Blues eggs from Mr. Jim Hienz
love.gif
hugs.gif
I have totally worn a path down in the hall way carpet
gig.gif
fl.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Will you be hatching any more after this? There is a Thread going for a Valentines Day Hatch. We will set our egglings on the 24th of Jan and they will hopefully hatch on the 14th
fl.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom