My chick is sick?! Help!

ChiaraAlh

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2015
My 1 month old chick did something weird with her head today. It was as if she were dizzy and her head moved in strange circles. it lasts only some seconds and then she's okay, as if nothing had happened. Is it something to do with her brain? I got really worried, never seen it before in any chick. Please help!

If she is acting okay since, she was probably simply adjusting the contents of her crop to settle them more comfortably.

If she does this again, you can help her feel better by massaging her crop with just the tip of your finger very gently in a downward motion, helping the crop to empty.

This is usually nothing to be worried about. However, if it keeps up and your chick quits eating, and begins to have watery poop, then it could signal crop problems.

But since she has done it just the one time, she's just fine.

It has done it two times (at least I saw that) but she's still eating. I'll take her to the vet tomorrow, since she does have a bit of watery poop now and then (but that was even before this)
I'll do just like you said and see if she gets any better. Thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom