My chick was born very weak…how can I help it

Poor baby!
How are her legs positioned?
Is she being kept in temps of 90°F (32°C)? She needs to be kept warm, and you need a thermometer to see how warm the area she’s in is.
She is in a very good temperature(my chickens have a special room for theirself wich is relatively small but warm and dry…I offcourse keep them hydrated all the time so I think she’ll be fine)but how long should I keep her in the sling??and she chirps allot because She feels lonely should I put one of her siblings with her?

She is in a very good temperature(my chickens have a special room for theirself wich is relatively small but warm and dry…I offcourse keep them hydrated all the time so I think she’ll be fine)but how long should I keep her in the sling??
Are you talking about adult chickens?

They need to have their body temperature warm in order to have interest in eating and drinking. They need to be hydrated in order to have interest in eating. 1st warm 2nd hydrated 3rd eating

Just to make sure, how warm are her feet? If they aren't doing as well as a healthy sibling they can be cold even if everyone else is comfortable. As for a buddy, place a mirror in there or a stuffed animal. It's very unnatural to be in a sling, so she might feel scared. If siblings don't peck at her toes it would be an okay idea....just keep an eye on them.

I've never used a sling before so I'm not sure how long you use it for...a day or two?

Animals can feel our feelings. I am very emotionally attached to my pets and understand getting scared for them. They always do better if I'm able to calm my fear and try to be relaxed with them...it can be really difficult, but they then grow stronger from my confidence.

Good luck, wishing you a happy and healthy chick.

They need to have their body temperature warm in order to have interest in eating and drinking. They need to be hydrated in order to have interest in eating. 1st warm 2nd hydrated 3rd eating

Just to make sure, how warm are her feet? If they aren't doing as well as a healthy sibling they can be cold even if everyone else is comfortable. As for a buddy, place a mirror in there or a stuffed animal. It's very unnatural to be in a sling, so she might feel scared. If siblings don't peck at her toes it would be an okay idea....just keep an eye on them.

I've never used a sling before so I'm not sure how long you use it for...a day or two?

Animals can feel our feelings. I am very emotionally attached to my pets and understand getting scared for them. They always do better if I'm able to calm my fear and try to be relaxed with them...it can be really difficult, but they then grow stronger from my confidence.

Good luck, wishing you a happy and healthy chick.
Thanks so much for you concern but today at about 7 am…..she died,I kept her warm,kept her hydrated it’s just that humidity problems aren’t easy to treat she had curved toes,unbalanced body and she was very sick I couldn’t do anything for her even tho I tried my hardest,before she died she was feeling better I dont really know why she died

Are you talking about adult chickens?
Thanks so much for you concern but today at about 7 am…..she died,I kept her warm,kept her hydrated it’s just that humidity problems aren’t easy to treat she had curved toes,unbalanced body and she was very sick I couldn’t do anything for her even tho I tried my hardest,before she died she was feeling better I dont really know why she died

I’m sorry you lost her.

one of my chicks hatched at a horrible hatchery with bad humidity.. they let her hatch outside an incubator at a terrible cold condition …she was very weak in her first day and she wouldn’t eat….I didn’t mind that since lots of chicks need time to balance and wont need to eat anyways,but today I realized she had curved feet and worse than that she kept falling over with terrible balance and she was very weak and almost dying,how can I help her get better and get her balance back?please answer me.
I’m sorry you lost her.
Thank you so much you helped me out a lot and I tried my best and I think that’s the most important part,so please don’t feel sorry for her,I know not everything goes in our way but we gotta stay strong:)

If the chick cannot eat or drink on its own, you could try using a small dropper and get Nutri-Drench. It's like liquid vitamins for chicks that is diluted with water (read the bottle for directions). We always use it with brand new chicks, sick or not. When one of our chicks was hatched with wry neck we gave him that and kept a brooder in the house. We picked him up in a towel to keep him warm. He is full grown now and never had further issues.

Back
Top Bottom