My chicken’s beak is broken

View attachment 3721358
View attachment 3721359
This was what happened to my rooster last July. I gave him pellets and also mash made from the crumbles. He didn't eat much the first day or so. I saw him eat some of the pellets, as they were bigger pieces, and some of the mash too.

You can see the raw quick under that flake. It dried and hardened up in about a week, then the flake peeled off.
View attachment 3721362
Hi Sally. How did your rooster’s beak turn out? Did it grow out?

Hi Sally. How did your rooster’s beak turn out? Did it grow out?
The loose piece eventually came off. I never found it. I don't know if he caught it on something or if it fell off. What was underneath looked very tender, but it dried/hardened up and grew out just fine.

While his beak looked soft/tender, I got feed in the form of pellets so that it would be easier for him to pick up.

The loose piece eventually came off. I never found it. I don't know if he caught it on something or if it fell off. What was underneath looked very tender, but it dried/hardened up and grew out just fine.

While his beak looked soft/tender, I got feed in the form of pellets so that it would be easier for him to pick up.
That’s good to hear. One of my girls broke the tip off upper beak evading a weasel a week ago. She’s eating fine but I wondered if a perm deformity would result from it. Thanks so much n

Back
Top Bottom