My chicken ate a needle with a head

Oh for goodness sake, I'm so sorry!
I read that a chick had one go through his eye, they were able to remove it and he lived with little to no infection at all. I tried to google for you but, maybe surgery might be your best option. Typically I don't go to euthanasia as a first resort, I never have. It might come out in his/her poop, maybe try quarentining her for awhile so you know her poop from the others poop. Other than that, I dunno sorry!

@Eggcessive, @BY Bob, @anyone who knows more than me?
😭😭😭😭😭😭

I don’t have any advice for the needle. It could kill a pullet, but there could be a chance that it doesn’t. A vet might help, the earlier the better before it exits the crop, but mist people don’t want to spend a lot of money on a chicken. I would in the future keep a coffee can or other coccered container near your coop to collect any items found that chickens can get ahold of. My old farm land has always given up pieces of glass, metal, and plastic. Be careful to always pick up strings off feed bags, screws or staples that get dropped while working on your coop or run. Chickens are notorious for swallowing hardware and eating string which ends up bad. I remember a couple of years ago where a chicken was xrayed and had a screw poking through her belly. It eventually came through the skin on it’s own and the chicken lived. Good luck.

He is doing fine as of now..no lethargy nothing..and i tried to feel his crop..couldnt find anything but i didnt push my luck..thought maybe i'll do more harm..vet is not an option here..we just have one veterinary hospital here and that is turned to covid emergency hospital right now..so all i can do is wait and hope for him to live..he is such a pampered one..used to sit on my head my shoulders..but now um just scared even on picking him up 😭😭😭😭😭

He is doing fine as of now..no lethargy nothing..and i tried to feel his crop..couldnt find anything but i didnt push my luck..thought maybe i'll do more harm..vet is not an option here..we just have one veterinary hospital here and that is turned to covid emergency hospital right now..so all i can do is wait and hope for him to live..he is such a pampered one..used to sit on my head my shoulders..but now um just scared even on picking him up 😭😭😭😭😭
Heyyy Anam.. I just came across your post bcz my 2 month old baby chick ate one too! The same kind. What happened to your chicken? Did he survive.. oh God I feel like crying... Its all my fault. I was sitting among them all and I had one pin attached to my neck line and I was oblivious it and My "Daisy" the most loving one came near me and too it out in a sec and I really tried snatching it out of her mouth but couldnt as she swallowed it in a sec.. Oh God this is all my fault..please tell me what happened?

Back
Top Bottom